The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing parts one piece driveshaft for 2011-14 V8 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I found this on the FRPP site:

2011-2014 ONE-PIECE MUSTANG GT DRIVESHAFT

M-4602-MGTM

Suggested Retail Price

$799.00

Sold in Units of:

Each (1)

tech notes

Fits 2011-2014 Mustang GT 5.0L manual transmission

One-piece aluminum construction eliminates center bearing found in OE driveshaft
Reduced overall weight and rotating mass
Delivers improved driving performance
Provides quicker acceleration
3.5" diameter
1350 U-joints
1430mm long (CL to CL of U-joints)

Bolts to OE Mustang transmission flange

Will not fit automatic transmission

I wonder if this is a rebrand of something that is already out there; maybe the Spicer unit?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I've noticed that Axle Exchange now sells a direct bolt on 3.5" DS with the Spicer UJ on each end. The new unit comes with a new design flange that bolts to to OEM Pinion flange and it has an installed Spicer UJ.

One thing for sure, my AE DS is one of my best mods.

Dave

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Dunno what driveshaft they used for a picture but that's definitely not for a Mustang. Hopefully the real thing is legit.

Just ordered a Dynotech DS from Lethal earlier this week...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
gsw166 said:
noob question. what is the advantage to this mod? less weight, but is that it?

Less overall weight but also less rotating inertia; car will accelerate and decelerate quicker because there is less mass to speed up/slow down.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
gsw166 said:
noob question. what is the advantage to this mod? less weight, but is that it?

It's a good question.

Yes, less rotational weight in the drive line is always good.

Removing the center joint and bearing also has an advantage. This removes some of the play and all of the flex from the center of the shaft.

I had issues with slack in the drive link causing a bucking issue when cold, like when you drive slowly out the driveway. The one piece removed this issue. YMMV

I just spoke with FRPP racing parts (1800FORDSVT). According to the rep, the part is NOT made by Spicer. He couldn't tell me the manufacturer either. The product will not be available until May 1st. Perhaps someone with better connections than me can confirm or dispute this.

I spoke with Mike from FRPP. I was on hold for a bit of time while he confirmed. He stated that the part was mfg by Dana/spicer and that they were back ordered. The first order is for 50 units. Do you recall whom you spoke with? Not calling BS, just think the person you spoke with May be off the mark....

I just got this DS last Friday......waited about 1 month. Ordered from Don Wood. Haven't opened the box yet but the price was hard to pass up.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel