The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing parts one piece driveshaft for 2011-14 V8 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DS and MGW install went smoothly. With the exhaust and DS out of the way the shifter install was a piece of cake. I can't even begin to describe how much better the shifter moves through the gates. You just move your arm and it snicks right in to the next gear.....up or down. The best $500 ever spent.

With the FRPP shaft I was concerned that the pinion flange did not have any type of spacer to mate to the differential like some other brands but it seemed to fit perfectly once I bolted everything down. The U-joint made trying to tighten the flange bolts and hex cap bolts a PITA as I couldn't get a straight line with a ratchet or air gun. I didn't have a ball end hex key so I had to go at it with a small hex key.....then I went to Sears and bought the right tool....for next time.

Can't wait to drop the car and get it on the road.....more to come.

5-25%20002_zpsty2kkwre.jpg

5-25%20003_zpsxnidvq7f.jpg

Just had the shaft installed a couple weeks ago and I'm using the MGW Gen 2 with the Blowfish bracket. No fitment problems. I will track test in a couple weeks but so far no increased vibrations at highway speeds.

Steve

SDS said:
Just had the shaft installed a couple weeks ago and I'm using the MGW Gen 2 with the Blowfish bracket. No fitment problems. I will track test in a couple weeks but so far no increased vibrations at highway speeds.

Steve

Have you noticed that things are quieter?

Overall noise seems a bit less after the drive shaft install. The gear whine has diminished and clunking sounds from loading and unloading the drive train are gone.

Steve

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Yes, it will fit just fine. Remember the FP 1 piece Aluminum DS is 3.5" in diameter. Also I have a 4.0" AE DS and the MGW from 2011 and my new MGW Race Spec v.1 shifter fits just fine with no clearance issues.

I like the new FP aluminum DS design with the slip joint at the transmission output shaft. There is more space between the exhaust pipes and the rubber coupler on the DS. My 3.0" pipes get awfully close to the rubber coupler at the Diff end.

You should really like the DS and improved throttle response on standing starts.

Good luck,
Dave

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel