The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Short Throw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
12BossKB said:
Well, personally, between my wife and I, we made about $300k last year and I don't miss a few bucks between the Barton/FR Racing shifter. My money. My choice.
not directed to those that bought it but more towards someone that is thinking about it. why spend more for something when you dont have to?

12BossKB said:
Well, personally, between my wife and I, we made about $300k last year and I don't miss a few bucks between the Barton/FR Racing shifter. My money. My choice.
That's Justin's way of saying he thinks the MGW is a better value. Regardless of how much money I have or make I'm always looking to maximize every dollar I spend.

With that said I wouldn't but either one. I'd buy a Barton or MGW twin post shifter bracket and call it a day. With the money you save you can buy me a beer. ;)

GA
Looking more closely at the Barton compared to FRPP, the FRPP shifter seems to include the shifter, 2 post bracket, shaft extender, and shift ball; all this is sold separately by Barton. I haven't price checked it but I suspect the FRPP shifter is probably not all that much more if you get a good deal on it. I don't make six figures, but I bought it because I liked it too.

PJWANNABE said:
Looking more closely at the Barton compared to FRPP, the FRPP shifter seems to include the shifter, 2 post bracket, shaft extender, and shift ball; all this is sold separately by Barton. I haven't price checked it but I suspect the FRPP shifter is probably not all that much more if you get a good deal on it. I don't make six figures, but I bought it because I liked it too.

How will we ever know? ;)

Just playing. Without looking very hard, I found the FR shifter for $42.25 more than the Barton. So, it's obvious that to duplicate the FR shifter, one should just get the Barton ($389) and the white Ford Racing ball, which from a very popular discount outlet costs...$47.99. Whoops. ???

Even if you don't want the FR shifter ball, the difference is less than a tank of gas. Can we move on? ::)

Note: I always fact-check my posts and upon review I noticed that I priced the white 5-speed FR shifter ball. So, technically, that's not correct. From the same place, the OEM Boss replacement is $70. Anyway, I'm too lazy to go looking for the 6-speed FR ball, but just be sure to calculate that when comparing the two shifters.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
One thing I like about BossMustangsOnline is that there is very little bashing and criticizing of people and their posts. Everyone has their own opinion and spends their money the way they want. Keeping it friendly here is good for everyone. Just my 2 cents.

Brian

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
NFSBOSS said:
With that said I wouldn't but either one. I'd buy a Barton or MGW twin post shifter bracket and call it a day. With the money you save you can buy me a beer. ;)

Going to go with Rick on this one, just ordered the two post bracket from Barton and a Ford Racing shift ball

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel