The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Tow Hooks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone have a how to on installing Ford Racing front and rear hooks? I have scoured the internet and this forum and can't seem to find anything. I have the tow hooks at the body shop right now but they didn't come with any instructions. Any help would be appreciated…thanks

Adam

Ok, so you will be on your own to fabricate the structure to attach to the frame and tow hooks. Ford racing sells a tubular front bumper bar with an integrated tow hook point and Watson Engineering/Racing sells the corresponding rear bumper bar with the tow hook attaching point. Good Luck.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Question, is there a front Tow Hook option that does not require cutting the painted vertical surface of the front bumper cover for a 2012 Boss?

I wouldn't mind cutting the under side of the front bumper cover above the lower air intake. Anyone know which hook requires the least amount of cutting?

I have to pull the front cover to install an LS front splitter support, so might as well go for a tow hook as well.

Thanks,
Dave
2HP

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
302 Hi Pro said:
Question, is there a front Tow Hook option that does not require cutting the painted vertical surface of the front bumper cover for a 2012 Boss?

I wouldn't mind cutting the under side of the front bumper cover above the lower air intake. Anyone know which hook requires the least amount of cutting?

I have to pull the front cover to install an LS front splitter support, so might as well go for a tow hook as well.

Thanks,
Dave
2HP

Check out the Blowfish site. Steve has a no cut option.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
TMSBOSS said:
Check out the Blowfish site. Steve has a no cut option.

I run this and it works VERY well. Adds the ability for splitter mounting as well (or replaces the Laguna Seca mount). Nice piece. Absolutely no issues with install.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel