The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford rear seat delete fastener hardware part #'s / aftermarket found

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't know how many might need this information, but I wanted to pass it along. I recently purchased a new in the box rear seat delete kit, minus the "fastener hardware" for my 12 Boss. I was very fortunate and purchased this kit a couple of days before it was announced that Ford was selling the kit again, albeit for how long no one knows. I was able to find the fastener kit through Tasca Ford for $23.98. This kit consists of 2 bolts, 2 foam blocks, 2 pieces of double sided tape, 2 plastic push pin style fastners and 2 plastic fasteners that were quick lock "1/4 turn" fasteners. I ordered the kit, but was told it was on backorder.

I'm not the patient type and decided to make my own "fastener kit". I was lucky enough to have a rear seat delete in my 13 Boss, so I knew what the parts looked like, what size they were and how they were used. First, the foam blocks that are in the kit in my opinion aren't needed for anything. I have them installed in my 13 and in the position called for by Ford, but I have no idea what their purpose is, other than maybe to keep something from vibrating. They definately don't provide any support for any additional weight to be put on the panel so I didn't bother trying to recreate or find them. The 2 bolts provided in the kit aren't needed as you can use the bolts that held in the hinges for the rear seat backs.

The fasteners that hold the front of the curved panel to the floor are standard push pins...you remove 2 "christmas tree" style pins that are already there and use the push to expand pins in their place (you could use the christmas tree fasteners but you couldn't remove them quickly if you needed to). The pins provided in the kit were found to be made by "Auveco" part #20337. This part is described with a head dia. of 20mm, stem length of 39mm and fits a 6mm hole. Funny enough, it is described as a Chevrolet / Oldsmobile fastener...go figure. I'm pretty sure any push pin of this style can be used and from my experience it doesn't need to be as long as it is. These I can pick up at any auto parts store in the fastener section, cost...maybe $5.00 for both.

The hard part to find was the 1/4 turn locking plastic fasteners which are used to fasten the large curved panel to the panel that goes behind the x-brace. I found these to be made by a company called "Southco"...they are described as 1/4 turn Dzus fasteners. The part numbers for these fasteners are as follows;

Speed nut for the 1/4 turn fastener to lock into / #D1-004-923-010 / cost $0.46 each

1/4 turn fastener / #D1-004-100-030 / cost $0.68 each (these fasteners are not exact to what Ford sells...the Ford ones are extended and you can turn them by hand...these fasteners have a flat head and you need to turn them with a screw driver...the exact Ford ones, no one has in stock)

You need 2 of each of the above fasteners. The only problem is, you can only order these fasteners in bulk....so I had to order 11 of the speed nuts and 8 of the 1/4 turn fasteners...total cost $10.50.....however, shipping is $15.50...so I ended up spending $26.00 for the parts. Now I have extra parts if I need them or if someone else needs 1 or 2, let me know...I'd be more than happy to send out a couple.

So basically, the fastner kit that Ford sells for $23.98 (that is the sale price no less...normal price is somewhere around $45.00) the actuall parts cost about

Foam blocks / $1.00 (est.)
2 sided tape / $1.00 (est.)
2 bolts / not needed
2 push pins / $5.00 (est.)
1/4 turn fasteners and speed nuts / $1.14 (if bought in quantity which Ford no doubt did)

total "actual" cost for the fastener kit $8.14

Sorry for how long the post is...just wanted to pass it along.

Great info, thanks for sharing.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

TMO Supporting Vendors