The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Releases GT350R Weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

And I was hoping for less than 3,600 ready to roll. Ford's official weight is 3,650 but not sure how they weighted it. So that would put a GT350 close to 3,800. What were you hoping for?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-releases-shelby-gt350r-curb-weight-heres-what-we-think-it-will-actually-weigh/

I wonder if that's with or without the electronics package (and OTT stripes ;-)

I was hoping for a 3500-ish lb dry weight for a non-electronics pkg car (like mine)...so 3650 with fuel isn't that far off.

fuhrius said:
I wonder if that's with or without the electronics package (and OTT stripes ;-)

I was hoping for a 3500-ish lb dry weight for a non-electronics pkg car (like mine)...so 3650 with fuel isn't that far off.
The real question for me is what they will weigh with a roll bar, race seat, no pass seat and lightweight aluminum (practical track wheels) with slicks or Hoosiers. My Boss in this trim with no A/C and 1/2 tank of gas is 3550. I hope the GT350 in that trim weighs no more than that and hopefully less. If the car in the above includes the electronics package we should be in good shape. If not it's going to be heavier.

My guess is mod to mod they will be similar weight. S197 a little bit lighter but S550 got a better chassis

GT350R-C is 3350lb. But they have a minimum weight limit so who knows how much lighter they can be

PWC Boss302S is 3263lb
http://www.world-challenge.com/search/pirelli-world-challenge-cars/ford-mustang-boss-302s.html

I'm thinking while I'm typing here...So at 3650 for the R without the A/C and tech pack and add 130 for the GT350 TP that's 3780. We know the wheels are 60 lbs lighter than the GT350 so that means about 70 lbs for the tech, A/C and trunk stuff. That sounds about right to me. Now if you run 23 lbs aluminum track wheels that brings the R up to 3670 and drops the GT350 down to 3740. Add the tech and A/C back to the R and they quickly become even again. To my thinking that's about 100 lbs heavier than a Boss.

attachment.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel