The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford to Redo Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
boss2511 said:
the guys that sold me the boss were complete retards when it came to knowing mustangs let alone what made a boss different from a GT all they did know is they wanted mark up on it. then the guys that work on the cars in the back....omg you would think they didnt work at a ford dealership at all.....yeah they ask me every time what is a boss 302? its a mustang....oh ok so it has a v8?...actually its a flying saucer made of paper mache and egg yokes....yes it has a V8

oh jesus lol

BLAZN BOSS

Well.........my opinion ........we all have one........I dont like this Evos thing...........one thing good will come of it........the Mustang II will have company........no, can't say that even that was that bad........Ford, you survived the Edsel, Pinto, Fiesta, Fairmonts, DON'T try this......regret is always hard to overcome.

To me it would be the same mistake Pontiac made calling the Australian GM Holden Monaro a famous moniker like Pontiac GTO....great car in itself but a rip off in the name,..... It should at least keep some of the Mustangs charactor and styling lines..... it doesnt and looks more like a cheap version of a Aston Martin. As I recall,.. Aston and Ford have a partnership and it seems they have created a poor mans Aston Martin DB9......call it something else, but not a Mustang.

302BOB said:
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/could-next-ford-mustang-145308691.html
Stretch out the hood and back end and you probably will have it here. Ford knows what they're doing. Look at the new Fusion and look at this Evos. Then imagine a transitional style between our 2012s and the Evos and I think that is what you'll see, The platform will be new, but Ford won't drop a Mustang down identical to the Evos with a snub rear end. The front back to the rear of the driver's door is probably right. But the transitional body will definitely be sitting on a new platform and independent rear suspension. If you think the new Fusion is a European based style then you'll probably think the new Mustang will be too. But in my opinion it will be very American when we finally see it.

I found these renderings from Motortrend. I think Ford will sell a lot of 2015 Mustangs if they look like this.

2015-Ford-Mustang-Rendering-front-three-quarter-motion-1024x640.jpg

2015-Ford-Mustang-Rendering-rear-three-quarter-motion-1024x640.jpg

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
now that isnt to bad you can easily see its a mustang has some traits of the line yet has new styling and looks much smaller. I would buy one of those if they come with a V8

I wouldn't buy it, too Z8 in the front and I don't like the modern flame wave whatever style personally, but I can see it selling to younger people assuming they don't get hung up on it being American. The rear lights look out of place on the modern body. Needs a turbo motor that can handle high boost to really hit the youth performance market. I don't know how the EcoBoosts handle increased pressure, people still whine about the the new motors in the Evos with the open deck, as opposed to the old school closed deck 4Gs.

Looks better than the prototype, but it is just a rendering. We'll see what the production one is like.

I do like the front bumper better than the gaping maw they put on everything now (started with the Audis), but the silver shelf under the splitter things in the front looks goofy. Bigger splitter section would look better imo, like the S5 when it went to that style.

Back window has Ferrari influences, but the side windows aren't integrated well.

Needs a double bubble roof like every other sports car has now.

So, it make sense to be a global car, however, for Europe they will fit it with a 2.6 ecoboost engine, im sure you will see it there also in this guise but also with the V8 as the Coyote wasnt designed just for 3 years of use.

In right hand drive and with the small engine, most of us in Europe will loose interest in a car which for us has been a unique thing to own, once your average joe can buy one from a local dealer in UK then i for one will loose interest in the model, i will of course continue to breathe Mustangs with the 2011GT and the 2013 Boss we have

GA
Sorry, that's not a Mustang. Ford should call it something else if they want to go this route. This will be Mustang II all over again in styling, even though it won't be in power. They better make it cheap so the 20 somethings can afford it.

Boss3o2

Let's just all be happy that the U.S MFG's brought back some cool Muscle Cars with todays technology. I think its a great step for Ford, and exciting to see what happens. Negative biased opinions, is probably something Ford is expecting to happen, since most older people don't like the word "change".

To be honest, I don't like any Mustang 1971 through 2004 as far as looks (the Foxes have grown on my recently but I didn't like them at the time). The 2005 gen ones I thought looked better than the current one, but everything else was lacking. In 10 years they will restyle it again with hover wheels and running on diffused broccoli rabe and the then current gen Mustang owners will be as upset as we are now.

I wasn't around for the fox body debut (well I was, but I was a wee lad) so I don't remember the response to it, but I remember how much we all hated the round ones that came out in the 90s and the "import" looking ones in the late 90s.

Boss3o2

CaliMR said:
. In 10 years they will restyle it again with hover wheels and running on diffused broccoli rabe

LOL! I wonder if Doc Brown is working with Ford, to include Mr. Fusion as an option ;D

If the Motor Trend Pics are accurate, the new Mustang won't be that bad. It's definitely going to be smaller, that's for sure. It looks to lose at least a foot between the rear wheels & rear bumper alone. If the 5.0 is still available, I'm sure it will sell, not that I will be buying one...................

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel