The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford to Redo Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah, I dont mind it so much. the only thing I dont like about it is the hood. If I was to get one, the first mod would be getting a new hood.

Independent suspension, 500+ hp, 30+mpg... That would make it tempting, but I'd wouldn't get rid of Boss for it but I would consider my e90.

Another rendering, supposed to incorporate the things Ford said it would have

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2012/05/future-vehicles-2015-ford-mustang.html

newmustang_1600.jpg

mustang-rear-9a_MTa-1600.jpg

It is not as well done as the red ones earlier, but I like the front better other than the Corvette hood. Rear is better on the red one. The grey lip under the bottom of the front still looks ugly.

It really is not that bad looking...compared to what the Mustang looked like between 1974 thru 1993. If you look hard enough it actually has some of the lines & features of today's Mustang, with the new era look added in.

302BOB said:
It really is not that bad looking...compared to what the Mustang looked like between 1974 thru 1993. If you look hard enough it actually has some of the lines & features of today's Mustang, with the new era look added in.
I like it. 400 lbs lighter and 500+ hp and I would LOVE it. Lookout Z06s ;D

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Thats not to bad I dont love it but I dont hate it. then again I never like the new body styles when they first come out they grow on me lol. Just saw a commercial for the fusion electric (I think it was) looked just like it in the nose and I said that looks mean.

That is going to be a misstake in my eyes of ford that car looks just like every other car on the market it does not however look like a muscle car reminds me of a bmw wanta be but its fine ill just keep my boss longer then and to be honest if I ever do decide to get a car that looks like that it may as well be a jap engine car they are very fast and look the same ::) just does not look like a muscle car to me at all misstake but at the same I also think it was a misstake of making them this year look like the gt500 it kinda ruins it all looks the same? ok done venting ;D my first thought of that car was it must have a spot for a purse ;D

I believe they are called satchels, or messenger bags back in the 90s.

I doubt the blue one is very close to the final result, front end is AM, hood it Vette, dome is current mustang, lower front end is audi. It will probably have styling cues from other cars, but this one is just a mashup. It does show there is some potential in the Evos style design, which is good. Hopefully Ford does it right. And they are saying the V8s will continue which is important imo, but it is just a guess.

400 lbs lighter would be a pretty welcome change.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel