The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Forever Boss Owner. Now Porsche owner. Never time to move on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My garage has for the last few years has been:
2012 Boss 302
2013 Raptor Scab
2014 CLA45 AMG

I decided the AMG wasn't as fun as I thought it would be and decided it was time to move on. I have always wanted a 911, ever since I was a kid--it's been mustangs and porsche. I thought I would possibly trade the benz and the boss toward a porsche, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. So, I decided it was time to trade the benz.

2016 C4S. Wanted a GTS, but found this one on an awesome deal, brand new. Last of the NA 911's.

IMG_7032.JPG

IMG_7035.JPG

IMG_7013.JPG

This car is fast, just as fast as the Boss straight, faster with PDK. With the curvy roads, and on track I find it hard to think that the boss could keep up. It's highly refined, lighter, more grip and it shows.

But--the Boss is so much fun. I haven't driven the Boss in a few weeks, and decided to take it out today. It's truly wild but it's totally controllable as you all know. It's interesting to come back to the Boss after driving the 911 for a while.

Interesting to note: people, especially children, love the Boss. It's amazing how people react. Thumbs up, etc.

In the Porsche, people seem to not notice, care, or perhaps dislike the youngish guy in the car. Muscle cars, and Vettes seem to want to street race all the time, but with the Boss, they just give a nod.

Anyways, loving the new car, but the boss will always be like an old friend ready to go, and perhaps secretly wanting to kill me... but it's what keeps me coming back.
IMG_7823.jpeg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Johnny:

The new 911 is stunning! Excellent taste in stable mates for the 2012 Boss 302, and IMO, the perfect car collection.

All the Best,
302 Hi Pro

Thanks brother. Stunning is probably a better word to describe your Boss! As you know I've always admired your car.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Congrats on the 911. Real beauty. Love it! I am the same. I love Fords and Porsche. Have owned at least 6 Porsches since 2001. Also own a 2013 Raptor screwcab. Get a lot of compliments on the truck and believe it or not thumbs up too!. I see you have same color as me. Metallic black. Wonderful truck.

Just picked up a 2016 GT3RS. My wife said "now sell the Boss". I said "not happening". I love my LS. For its time the Boss was "the" car to have. Still car to be reckoned with at the track and still a crowd favorite. A Boss 302 is a Boss 302. They are just cool cars and have a great presence. People still love them.

k98dave said:
Great cars, What wheels /tires do you have on the Boss?

They are forgestar f14 in bronze burst 19x9 / 19x10. Tires are Michelin PSS.
265/40-19 295/35-19

REAL 1 said:
Congrats on the 911. Real beauty. Love it! I am the same. I love Fords and Porsche. Have owned at least 6 Porsches since 2001. Also own a 2013 Raptor screwcab. Get a lot of compliments on the truck and believe it or not thumbs up too!. I see you have same color as me. Metallic black. Wonderful truck.

Just picked up a 2016 GT3RS. My wife said "now sell the Boss". I said "not happening". I love my LS. For its time the Boss was "the" car to have. Still car to be reckoned with at the track and still a crowd favorite. A Boss 302 is a Boss 302. They are just cool cars and have a great presence. People still love them.

GT3RS... Super jealous. Any pics? I'd love to get one, but still a bit out of reach for me at this stage in life. Glad I'm not the only one that has somewhat peculiar but eclectic taste.

By the way army ranger, thanks for your service from an 8 year Marine veteran.

REAL 1

Johnny: No, I need to thank you for your service. Sempre Fi.

I am just a Ranger fan boy. (HoouAH!) My father (deceased 1997) was First Battalion attached to the 36th in Italy. I have friends in the 75th.

Father has Purple Heart with 2 Oak Leaf Clusters, Bronze Star, 4 battle stars (North Africa, Sicily, Anzio and Northern France), Bronze arrow head (first wave invasion), marksman pin, and the usual victory ribboins. 1st Lt. He was active in the Selective Service after the war and very active in DAV.

My partner's father WWII Marine was with the 29th regiment. Active combat Saipan. Has the Anchor, Globe & Eagle tattoo still visable on his forearm.

As requested here is a pick of my RS. Full Xpel Satin body wrap.
Crush.jpg

Pic of my LS. #46.

IMG_1277_3.jpg

Your father has quite the service record. I only participated in one campaign, OIF, Kuwait to Iraq 2002-2003. Quite the experience toppling a dictatorship.

You've got some amazing cars. It's really interesting how similar the ethos of the Boss LS and the GT3 RS are. Different configurations, different cars, but similar philosophy.

Enjoy them in good health!

REAL 1

Thank you sir. My hats off to you for your service.

I love both the Boss and RS equally. Both great cars..

Love the wheels on your Boss. Love Comp Orange. It's my favorite color.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
Thank you all for your service. I too served 6 years in Ranger Battalion and then 4 in 5th Special Forces group. Glad you all made it home and are enjoying these cars.

REAL 1

Unfortunately our country does more for the lazy and illegals than they do for vets for political gain and self serving. Disgusting.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Agree!!

Partially crippled feet, ankles and hips. Six joints affected which by themselves would be sixth percent disabled. Then add in the permanent ringing in my ears for 10 percent. And since my surgery on my right foot I can never run again. Should rate an additional 10%. Shoulder still functions with limitations. 23 years as a paratrooper, 20 in SOCOM.

What does the VA give me? 40% which comes out of my standard pension, not enough to qualify for a disability and a pension paid separately. I guess I should park at a VA hospital so I have a better chance of getting proper disability settlements.

To my SOCOM brother.. DOL.

REAL 1

You guys are the heros and deserve much more than the crooks in Wahington do for you but their too busy pandering votes for free stuff.

TMO Supporting Vendors