The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Forgestar F14 lug nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
2012Boss302 said:
I just ordered some Forgestar F14. Will the factory lug nuts work or do I need to buy some of the smaller type??

Pretty sure you need the smaller ones. Vorshlag makes a good, beefy set that is small enough.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Sorry my bad... this is from the American Muscle website...

Note: The stock lug nuts (13/16”) prove to be too large when used in conjunction with these wheels. Please take a look at the Lug Nut Ordering Options above for some compatible options.

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
For my Forgestar CF5s, I'm using a 3/4" open lug nut with the FRPP ARP studs. Gorilla makes a 3/4" socket with the narrowest outer diameter I could find that fits the lug well of the Forgestar. It's still a very tight fit, but I wanted to use open ended lug nuts and not the "Acorn" type from American Muscle.

I ran the Forgestar 14s all last season. At first I thought I need the small lug nut and ordered a set at the same time I ordered the wheels. I did not like how much smaller they were and simply tried my Gorilla 90087 lug nuts with a thinner walled socket. That worked great and all but one of my existing sockets worked just fine to fit into the smaller opening.

TMO Supporting Vendors