The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Forgestar F14's from AmericanMuscle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First post on this website and happy to be here, been reading the website for awhile now. Drive a 12 CO Boss and enjoy it every day down here in south texas. have a few questions for those who have or thinking of purchasing Forgestar wheels from American Muscle:

1. AM offers 19X9 and 19X10, which is the size of wheels on the LS boss 302. Are the 19X9 semi concave and the 19X10 deep concave like the forgestar website describe?

2. is the combo of semi concave and deep concave the popular style most go on this wheel? or should i go to another website and get both front and rear semi concave or both deep concave?

3. AM calls the color "Gloss Black", while Forgestar calls them "Piano Black", are they the same?

4 AM offers "TPMS Sensor kit" for each wheel and says its recommended for +07 years. what exactly is this? is it needed?

5. will the stock tires of front: 255/40/19 and rear: 285/35/19 fit the 19X10 rear wheel?

6. What is the proper offset?

appreciate the help guys

Welcome to BMO. I looked very closely at these wheels and went to their factory in SoCal but I do not own them. To answer your questions:

1. AM offers 19X9 and 19X10, which is the size of wheels on the LS boss 302. Are the 19X9 semi concave and the 19X10 deep concave like the forgestar website describe?

These are the same wheels on the Forgestar site and fit properly on our cars as do any LS or 302S wheels.

2. is the combo of semi concave and deep concave the popular style most go on this wheel? or should i go to another website and get both front and rear semi concave or both deep concave?

The 9" wheels only come in semi concave. They looked fine on the BMW I saw them on.

3. AM calls the color "Gloss Black", while Forgestar calls them "Piano Black", are they the same?

99.999% sure they are the same.

4 AM offers "TPMS Sensor kit" for each wheel and says its recommended for +07 years. what exactly is this? is it needed?

Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Only needed if you don’t want the idiot light on your dash on all the time. You can buy them elsewhere and check ebay for better prices.

5. will the stock tires of front: 255/40/19 and rear: 285/35/19 fit the 19X10 rear wheel?

They fit fine

6. What is the proper offset?

Forgestar doesn’t publish their offsets but they fit fine so don’t worry about it.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
If you're going to track your car consider 18" wheels. There's a lot of info on that topic here on he Forum. IMHO, the car handles better, the tires are less expensive and you have much more of a choice on tires.

(Edit: PS - the pic below is before I switched to Enkei PF-01's and Nitto NT-555R-II's. Tnx to Gary for that insight).

PeteInCT said:
If you're going to track your car consider 18" wheels. There's a lot of info on that topic here on he Forum. IMHO, the car handles better, the tires are less expensive and you have much more of a choice on tires.

(Edit: PS - the pic below is before I switched to Enkei PF-01's and Nitto NT-555R-II's. Tnx to Gary for that insight).

thanks for the help guys.
I've been reading about putting 18's but the car is really a daily driver, and not going to be tracking it much if at all on account there is no where to do so down here in deep south texas.

I cant really decide between going for the staggered look or going for the 19X9 all around due to the semi concave look which I've been paticularly fond of. if i go for a 19X9 on the rear, can i go bigger than a 285 on the rear? if so, what size?

here's a thread w/pics of a 5.0 w/semi concave all around, granted they are 20X9 & 20X11. hope its okay to post this
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f721/2011-ingot-5-0-3-73s-brembo-brake-upgrade-423rwhp-368rwtq-505100/

I think Chris's car had deep concave wheels in the rear. I don't think Forgestar makes semi's in an 11" wide rim. Regardless if you don't want as much concave and aren't stuck on black you can look at the FRPP SVT wheels like on my car. I chose the SVT wheels because of OEM quality and fitment and was unsure of using the centering rings with the Forgestar wheels. There's a guy on SVT with a CO Boss and these wheels and it looks fantastic.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12304

DSC_0378.jpg

thanks 5 DOT 0,
decided im gonna go ahead and order a staggered setup with 19X10 in the rear,been looking at enough pictures of cars w/the staggered setup and just started to love the semi/deep match. ill go ahead and use the stock tires till they wear out and eventually get something bigger, either a 295 or 305.

i thought about ordering a 19X11 rear, but the boss came with 9 & 10(LS) in the rear, so ill stay w/that type of setup

appreciate the help. looking at that CO boss, damn i gotta get a GT500 spoiler, love the look! subtle yet serious

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
5 DOT 0 said:
I think Chris's car had deep concave wheels in the rear. I don't think Forgestar makes semi's in an 11" wide rim. Regardless if you don't want as much concave and aren't stuck on black you can look at the FRPP SVT wheels like on my car. I chose the SVT wheels because of OEM quality and fitment and was unsure of using the centering rings with the Forgestar wheels. There's a guy on SVT with a CO Boss and these wheels and it looks fantastic.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12304

DSC_0378.jpg

$499 ea? Good Lord!

BIGbossSID said:
thanks 5 DOT 0,
decided im gonna go ahead and order a staggered setup with 19X10 in the rear,been looking at enough pictures of cars w/the staggered setup and just started to love the semi/deep match. ill go ahead and use the stock tires till they wear out and eventually get something bigger, either a 295 or 305.

i thought about ordering a 19X11 rear, but the boss came with 9 & 10(LS) in the rear, so ill stay w/that type of setup

appreciate the help. looking at that CO boss, damn i gotta get a GT500 spoiler, love the look! subtle yet serious

I just happened to order these wheels myself. I didn't go through American Muscle though because I wanted a little custom touch done to them. I ended up going with the stock LS sizes also. I had thought about 19X9.5 fronts and 19X11 rears but I changed my mind due to limited tire choices. I also did the GT500 spoiler treatment on the rear and the 302S grill recently and really like the difference the spoiler made.
Before too long I'm going to have 4 sets of wheels for this car, stock, Forgestar F14's, Racestar Darkstars for drag use and my 18" trackday setup. Crazy!

I just happened to order these wheels myself. I didn't go through American Muscle though because I wanted a little custom touch done to them. I ended up going with the stock LS sizes also. I had thought about 19X9.5 fronts and 19X11 rears but I changed my mind due to limited tire choices. I also did the GT500 spoiler treatment on the rear and the 302S grill recently and really like the difference the spoiler made.
Before too long I'm going to have 4 sets of wheels for this car, stock, Forgestar F14's, Racestar Darkstars for drag use and my 18" trackday setup. Crazy!
[/quote]

thats exactly the look i want on my boss, just gives it a subtle different cool look than others, post pics! lol. questions though:

1. where did you purchase your GT500 spoiler?
2. is it the standard GT500 spoiler or the SVTPP spoiler? (different gurney flap) I prefer the STPP spoiler
3. sorry, maybe dumb question but, is the black paint for the spoiler different than a standard black mustang? Because isnt the roof on the boss "high gloss black"? what would the color code be?

5 DOT 0 said:
Not quite that much. Forged wheels are not cheap. Check the price on the OEM wheels. ;)

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-wheel-19x10-gt500-performance-package-2005-2012/p/W103/

Are these the wheels on the CO boss? and are they available black? Any disadvantages using them VS yours?

regards
Dave

There is a member with a CO Boss that has these wheels which are the same as the ones on my Boss. Only the dark stainless color is available.

fiddlefadel said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Not quite that much. Forged wheels are not cheap. Check the price on the OEM wheels. ;)

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-wheel-19x10-gt500-performance-package-2005-2012/p/W103/

Are these the wheels on the CO boss? and are they available black? Any disadvantages using them VS yours?

regards
Dave

BIGbossSID said:

thats exactly the look i want on my boss, just gives it a subtle different cool look than others, post pics! lol. questions though:

1. where did you purchase your GT500 spoiler?
2. is it the standard GT500 spoiler or the SVTPP spoiler? (different gurney flap) I prefer the STPP spoiler
3. sorry, maybe dumb question but, is the black paint for the spoiler different than a standard black mustang? Because isnt the roof on the boss "high gloss black"? what would the color code be?
[/quote]
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I bought the spoiler at partscheap.com. It is the SVTPP spoiler with the
gurney flap. I want to say the paint code is UA. Any good bodyshop should be able to figure it out. I finally got the wheels on the car Saturday and I'm really happy with the way it came out. I had my vision but until you actually see it come together in the flesh you never know.
2012-06-24_1.jpg
2012-06-24_31.jpg

5 DOT 0 said:
The Forgestar's look terrific. Which 18" track wheels did you go with?
I actually held up on getting the 18" track wheels for the moment. I had Yokohama Advan AD08's mounted on the F14's and plan on hitting the track with this set up for now. On my bathroom scale the 19x9=24lbs and 19x10=25lbs so there was a little bit of weight savings over stock. For my 18's I really want the BBS wheels off the 302R powder coated matte black for the rears and the new optional black 18x9 BBS for the 302S for the fronts. I was thinking that it might work if you were to use different lug nuts for the front and rears. Expensive wheel option though. I will probably go with the Enkei pf01's in black or maybe even another set of the Forgestars in 18".

TMO Supporting Vendors