The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Forgestar wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Anyone have any experience or know about these wheels?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/glossblack-forgestarf14-19x9-0512.html

I'm thinking of making them my spare track set.

They will work fine and several members own them but why do you want 19x9? If you're going to run a square setup get 18x9.5 or 18x10 wheels as there are better tire options available for those sizes.

Sesshomurai

5 DOT 0 said:
They will work fine and several members own them but why do you want 19x9? If you're going to run a square setup get 18x9.5 or 18x10 wheels as there are better tire options available for those sizes.

Good to know! I did notice better tire options for the 18's. My original thought was to stick with the OEM wheel sizes but 18's square sound like the way to go. Would a smaller wheel will require re-programming the computer? So the gauges are adjusted accordingly?

I'm a noob still....

darreng505 said:
5 DOT 0 said:

Good to know! I did notice better tire options for the 18's. My original thought was to stick with the OEM wheel sizes but 18's square sound like the way to go. Would a smaller wheel will require re-programming the computer? So the gauges are adjusted accordingly?

I'm a noob still....

Here's a rough estimate of the change in tire diameter

TireFitment.jpg

Sesshomurai

Boss_302 said:
darreng505 said:
5 DOT 0 said:

I'm a noob still....

Here's a rough estimate of the change in tire diameter

Cool thanks. Should I go with the 18x9 all around or 18x10?

drano38

Wayne
Yep, 18" is very popular for track. Like Rick said, way more tire options. And 9.5" is a much better width, and some are using D-Force 18x10.
I run 18x9.5 wheels, square. NT-05 275/40 on 2 sets of wheels now, with 285/35 ready for a set to wear out. Yes my speedometer is off, but we don't look at it on track anyway, and I don't think the small tire affects anything else. And with TracKey, you tell the dealer what tire size to program with it.
For square, I installed Sam Strano's front and rear sway bars. But you can do it with one or the other to save a couple hundred bucks. Square needs a stiffer front or softer rear, or a combo.
But yes, go with at least 18x9.5 wheels.
Staggered 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 is also popular.
Keep reading and asking. I've learned a lot in the last year, and still do every day.

Does installing the bars require removing hard bits or just swapping them on? Last car I had you had to drop the entire front suspension to get to the bar.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel