The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Forgive me if this is a dumb question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking at a set of 08 Shelby wheels 18x9.5. I'm fairly certain they'll fit from what I've been reading, but I haven't found a confident yes. So here we go-will these wheels fit on a 13 boss 302. I know 10 and up for sure will but I haven't seen anyone try and retro fit the 07-09 wheels on these cars. I don't know how they'll look to be honest, but I'm just using them as a knockaround winter set.

If they are GT500 wheels they will fit. Post a photo of you get a chance.

VoodooBOSS said:
If they are GT500 wheels they will fit. Post a photo of you get a chance.

I can't figure out how to post a pic without having it uploaded elsewhere so here's the link to the ad. http://longisland.craigslist.org/wto/5941210425.html
I'm on an iPad, so if I figure out to add an attachment instead of embedding the pic here I'll try on another post

VoodooBOSS said:
If those are OEM they will clear the brakes.

00808_5WTd0DR7Fmd_1200x900.jpg

He said they were oem although the center cap screams otherwise. But I don't recall ever seeing an aftermarket 07-09 Shelby wheel. They were all Ford racing I thought.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Snorx302 said:
He said they were oem although the center cap screams otherwise. But I don't recall ever seeing an aftermarket 07-09 Shelby wheel. They were all Ford racing I thought.
I know a guy that had a similar set of GT500 knock off wheels and the barrel diameter was smaller so they would not clear the 14" eradispeed rotors he had on the rear of his 09 GT 500.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VoodooBOSS said:
I'm no expert on those wheels and maybe it's the chrome but they don't look oem to me. Brand new oem wheels from a trusted source are $800 a set. You don't want chrome anyway. ;)

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-wheel-18-x9-5-gt500-machined-2005-2014/p/W179-V/

Lol yeah I hear ya on the chrome. At least not on a yellow boss. He said they were all 18x9.5 which must mean they aren't OEM cause the stockers were 8.5 wide up front I believe. I'm probably gonna pass on these and look for newer track pack take offs or hope I can skate through the rest of winter and then re-evaluate come next fall. Thanks everyone for the help.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel