The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Forscan Instructions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not sure where the best place to post this on here is, moderators please put where you feel is most appropriate, or remove if you don't like it. I have tested all of this (except for the sound enhancement, IMHO who wants to change the sound of this car?!) to confirm it is all accurate information, if you find an error let me know and I will correct.

Forscan Instruction Summary
Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with most of these discoveries and take credit for none of them. I am simply summarizing what a bunch of geniuses came up with. This is aimed at those with GT350s but I am sure it can be used for other models as well with a few tweaks. Use at your own risk.

1. Need laptop with windows operating system (make sure date and time are accurate on computer, if outside of extended license range it will not load the extended license, see below about getting extended license). Must use same device to install forscan, install license, and link to car.

2. Buy https://amzn.com/B006NZTZLQOBDLinkMXBluetooth (best connection, as wifi options are prone to disconnections)

If your windows computer does not have bluetooth, also buy https://amzn.com/B009ZIILLI

3. Download forscan http://forscan.org/download.html(to windows computer you will make mods with)

Choose "FORScan version 2.3.11 (or whatever the latest version is at the time, as of Sept 2019 it’s 2.3.24) beta for Windows - free." Do not use Wine version. Will need extended license version to make modifications

4. Sign up for forum http://forscan.org/forum/ucp.php?mode=register

5. Wait for registration email from FORScan

6. Obtain extended license http://forscan.org/forum/extlic.php

7. Open FORScan and Click bottom Left "About" button that looks like a steering wheel with a question mark in the middle to obtain your devices hardware ID to apply for license and to load license, when successful should read, "Extended License. Registered to..."

8. Plug OBDMX into port

9. Key On, Engine Off. Car should have a full battery and DO NOT let battery get below 11.4V, risk damage. I spent over an hour connected with no battery drain problems. If you have a goal of what you will modify before you connect to car it shouldn't take more than 15min from here on

10. Start forscan on windows computer with bluetooth

11. Click "connect to vehicle" at bottom

12. Click left "Configuration and Programming button" (computer chip)

13. Click on APIM, IPC, BdyCM, ACM (all AS BUILT) or RCM (not AS BUILT) depending what you want to modify:

ModuleAddressValue 1Value 2Value 3Effect ModelYearPackage

APIM 7D0-02-01 5553 0602 C04A Mustang GT Nav Anim. All Tech/Conv/Elec

APIM 7D0-02-01 5553 0702 C04B Gray GT350 Nav Anim. All Tech/Conv/Elec

APIM 7D0-02-01 5553 0902 C04D Red GT350R Nav Anim. All Tech/Conv/Elec

APIM 7D0-02-01 x5xx xxxx xxxx Stock operation for no NAV in motion

APIM 7D0-02-01 x7xx xxxx xxxx NAV in motion enabled/Sirius Traffic becomes disabled (didn’t work for me,

still cannot enter addresses into NAV while in motion)

IPC 720-06-01 7F6D 0664 9E22 No Axle or Trans Oil Temp Display All

IPC 720-06-01 7F6D 1664 9E32 Axle Oil Temp Display All

IPC 720-06-01 7F6D 8664 9EA2 Trans Oil Temp Display All

IPC 720-06-01 7F6D 9664 9EB2 Both Axle and Trans Oil Temp Display All

BCM 726-32-01 0A01 0000 006B Entry Lighting Disable (Dark Car Mode) 2016 Track

BCM 726-32-01 0A01 0100 006C Entry Lighting Enable 2016 Track

BCM 726-41-02 0000 0001 0172 No Horn Exit When Running 2016 Track

BCM 726-41-02 0001 0001 0173 Double Horn Exit When Running 2016 Track

BCM 726-41-02 0000 0000 0070 No Horn Exit When Running 2017 Conv

BCM 726-41-02 0001 0000 0071 Double Horn Exit When Running 2017 Conv

ACM 727-01-01 1801 C000 0009 Engine Sound Enhancement Disable 2016 Tech (didn’t work for

me, I also tried 1801 3808 0089 and 1801 3008 0081 with no change. What finally worked to disable fake sound was 1801 F808 0049)

ACM 727-01-01 1801 3A08 008B Engine Sound Enhancement Enable 2016 Tech

ACM 727-01-01 D800 D000 00D8 Engine Sound Enhancement Disable 2016 Track

ACM 727-01-01 D800 2A00 0032 Engine Sound Enhancement Enable 2016 Track

ACM 727-01-01 1850 F000 44CC Engine Sound Enhancement Disable 2017 Conv

ACM 727-01-01 1850 FA00 44D6 Engine Sound Enhancement Enable 2017 Conv

RCM Enable/Disable Seatbelt minders (can also do it manually without needing FORScan, see 18. below)

BdyCM (As Built) line 726-12-01 Speedometer Correction for rear tire size change.

Speedometer works off diameter of rear tires, so if you just change the front size it doesn’t matter.

Mine reads XXXX 0844 XXXX for my stock 305/35 19s (GT350 non-R). Here are a few values for different tire sizes (pretty much all of the current tire sizes on the market for a good fit on the standard 19x11 rear wheels):

295/35/19 XXXX 082D XXXX

305/30/19 XXXX 07ED XXXX

285/35/19 XXXX 0818 XXXX

To find the code for other tire sizes and even a truing calculator to adjust speedometer to GPS speed go to the link below, “Spart” over at Mustang6g.com came up with this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mWnuQZlDTUGjKjmJje1QJIR8Z2c7Kf8KBZxKnw_8EqU/edit?usp=sharing

You WILL get a non-MIL (malfunction indicator lamp) DTC P160A (Control Module Vehicle Options Reconfiguration Error) when you change BCM line 726-12-01. You will need forscan 2.3.11 or later here to fix a DCT error.

Go into the computer chip tab in forscan where you normally edit as-built. At the top, you'll see a new function for the PCM - "Module initialization/relearn vehicle data"

Highlight that function and hit the play button, and follow the onscreen instructions to the letter.
Once it's finished, rescan for DTC's and remove the P160A DTC by clicking on the yellow yield sign at the bottom. Go drive around and scan for DTC's again. You should be in the clear.
Note that if you ever wish to return to stock, you'll have to run this procedure again after setting the as-built values for the tire size back to stock.

14. Hit play button on bottom to show codes in the category from step 13.

15. Make modifications to codes as desired (Write down your original codes in case you want to ever revert changes)

16. Click write. Follow instructions given to cycle "key on engine off" / "key off engine off" if needed.

17. Hit stop button on bottom.

18. You can also turn off/on the seatbelt minders per the owner's manual page 31 as follows: Key on engine off, then wait until seatbelt light turns off on dash. Once light goes out, wait 5 seconds, then slowly plug/unplug seatbelt three times. After the third time the light will come back on, then plug/unplug one more time. Seatbelt light will now flash to confirm. Repeat on other seat. Repeat to turn back on if desired.

For forscan detailed instructions with pictures (not GT350 specific): http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

/ message edit note

Hmmm, and the purpose to all of this is to change some parameters?

See number 13. You can change the color of the startup screen, stop the annoying horn honk if you step out of your car while it's running, get axle and trans temp to display on the dash if you have a '15 or '16 tech/base pack, fix the speedometer if you use different diameter tires... among other things

Can you cycle the cooler pumps to drain fluids when flushing the systems?
I can, because I have a 2016 Tech pack with an external transmission cooler I installed. Those with internal cooler in transmission cannot to my understanding. If I go to the track, I can turn the pump on, set a box fan up at the right lower air inlet for the trans cooler, and get my temps down very fast.

In the V6L
Can you cycle the cooler pumps to drain fluids when flushing the systems?
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, so I'll guess. Referring specifically to the GT350 and GT350R and not to any other S550's, Forscan can operate the factory differential cooler pump. This pump should not be run dry however, so don't use it to pump out the differential.

The transmission cooler pump is mechanical and only turns when the transmission input shaft is turning.

In the V6L
Forscan is a remarkably useful tool if you want to hack a Ford vehicle. My 2016 GT350 TP has fully functioning Sync3, NAV, HD Radio, SiriusXM and climate control, all of which came from another vehicle and had to be programmed with Forscan so it would work in my car.

The other thing about Forscan is that it's got many of the features of a full-featured OBD diagnostic system. You can use it to change most of the settings that are dealer-only on most late model Fords, and you can monitor PID's from most of the modules to see if things are working correctly. And yes, it also has the functions to do most service operations - you can do an ABS service bleed, diff fluid cooler on/off, reset DTC's, run module diagnostics and a number of other service items and calibrations. It's quite remarkable.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Forscan is a remarkably useful tool if you want to hack a Ford vehicle. My 2016 GT350 TP has fully functioning Sync3, NAV, HD Radio, SiriusXM and climate control, all of which came from another vehicle and had to be programmed with Forscan so it would work in my car.

The other thing about Forscan is that it's got many of the features of a full-featured OBD diagnostic system. You can use it to change most of the settings that are dealer-only on most late model Fords, and you can monitor PID's from most of the modules to see if things are working correctly. And yes, it also has the functions to do most service operations - you can do an ABS service bleed, diff fluid cooler on/off, reset DTC's, run module diagnostics and a number of other service items and calibrations. It's quite remarkable.

Do you know if it can turn off the TPMS sensor failure warning? TPMS is not required up here and are a huge PITA. Having the damn yellow warning light glowing on the dash is really annoying.

In the V6L
Do you know if it can turn off the TPMS sensor failure warning? TPMS is not required up here and are a huge PITA. Having the damn yellow warning light glowing on the dash is really annoying.
I had a look at the documentation I have and it's hard to say. There is a switch that determines if it's in US (North America) mode or European mode. USA doesn't allow indirect TPMS and Europe does. Indirect doesn't require the sensor - instead it measures the rotation of the tires to detect a low pressure situation.

That said, I don't know what switching to Euro mode means for a Ford vehicle. If they use TPMS sensors in the EU, then it'll still want sensors. If not, like BMW, then it won't have sensors, and instead it'll have you hit a reset button to recalibrate the tire rotation. Canadian BMW's have the reset button, US BMW's have the sensor. Our family has two BMW's with the reset function - it works fine - you just have to remember to do it.

TMO Supporting Vendors