The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Forum Name Change is Complete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopefully you've noticed the new forum name at the top of your screen and the new image announcing the forum name change. We have moved from:

BOSSMustangsOnline or BMO

to

TRACKMustangsOnline or TMO

We feel this better represents where we are today and where we're headed as a community. With members receiving their GT350's and the New Year this seemed like as good as time as any to make the change. We have been considering this change for almost two years and a lot of thought has gone into it.

From the beginning we've been focused on the 2012/2013 Boss 302 which clearly signaled a new direction for Ford. While Ford has produced track or race focused cars in the past the new Boss was the first time producing a track focused Mustang in large quantities for use in HPDE events. Clearly with the introduction of the GT350 Ford continues to produce Mustangs for the track day enthusiast. We expect them to continue this trend for years to come.

So what does this mean for the forum and what changes should you expect? For the Boss community there should be no changes. You'll continue to have the best technical information for your Boss on the internet and the registry and other information will continue to be available. We hope we don't alienate any Boss owners with the change and having newer track focused cars with new members should enhance the community.

The overall focus will remain the same but broader. Our goal is to provide quality content without all the BS found on other Mustang forums and be a reference site for Boss 302's, GT350's and all of Ford's track focused Mustangs going forward.

Look for other changes to the forum to enhance your experience here. As always we welcome any suggestions you may have.

One of my favorite corporate sayings is from Specialized Bicycles:

Innovate or Die

With that I'll open this up to discuss from the community.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
Re: Forum Name Change

Good Change of the Forumname.

in a near future i think it could be another, more open Forumname. TFPO TRACKFordPerformanceOnline. with all the Performancecars that would be come in the next month, years (Focus RS, GT etc.) this Forum could be even better than it already is today.
I will continue to participate in this great forum.

Thanks to Rick and all the Mods to keep this Forum clean!!!

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

PerformanceMustangsOnline has a nice ring to it but maybe its already taken. It sounds more inclusive of the many of us who never have/will track their cars. Just my .02

Fomoco302 said:
PerformanceMustangsOnline has a nice ring to it but maybe its already taken. It sounds more inclusive of the many of us who never have/will track their cars. Just my .02
Thanks Bill. That's a good suggestion and a legitimate concern. We discussed that and don't want owners that don't track their Mustangs to feel left out. Regardless if you track your Boss or not Ford designed it as a track car. Remember the Boss DVD that came with your Boss 302 owners kit? Supporting Ford's purpose built Track Mustangs starting with the Boss 302 and moving to the GT350 is our main focus. Who knows what Ford will build next?

Congrats! I figured you would move on an upward with the branding of the site. I agree with you that this site does avoid the typical forum nonsense. The name fits... Most of us who participate here are interested the tech. and useful info. to have a more enjoyable and safe track day. Thanks for providing the platform to do so. One question: Does this make my BMO shirts collector items? 8) And to everyone, have a great new year!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

VooDooBOSS said:
Yes that's the plan but we're still working on the technical aspects of that. I own the URL and there will be a redirect.

Will we loose the photos with the url change?

302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro said:
Will we loose the photos with the url change?

302 Hi Pro
If the change works as we think it will all external links will remain active including photo links. What we're not sure about is whether or not the existing forum links will work. For example you have a link saved to your Kooks shorty header installed and refer to it often. That link probably won't work but it's still TBD. The URL change won't happen for a couple of weeks.

576 said:
Does this make my BMO shirts collector items? 8)
Funny you ask...my son was wearing one of his today and asked the same question. I expect them to fetch big bucks on ebay! ;)

Once the forum transition is complete I'll start working on a new t-shirt and I already have a new design in mind. My goal is to have them ready for purchase before my GT350 arrives or I'll never get them finished.

Not a fan of the name change. But thats just me.
I think you had a great fourm name with a great ring.
BossMustangOnline....Where All Mustangs are Boss!

however i do like how your header picture has your car split with a GT350R.
I am a BMO/TMO member and will continuie to do so.

superhero said:

Not totally crazy about this either.

But the people here are great, so I'm not going anywhere no matter the name :)

superhero said:

Berol said:
Not totally crazy about this either.

But the people here are great, so I'm not going anywhere no matter the name :)
Thanks for your continued support. Other than the name change there won't be many changes that affect Boss owners.

superhero said:
Thanks, my son was the creative mind behind that.

Don't care for the new name, why fix what isn't broke. BOSS Mustangs (name heritage) brought me here and all the great contributors have made this a very popular and informative forum. BOSS Mustangs means something, Track Mustangs not so much. But I am not a big contributor here, it is your forum to name what you want, if you think a new name is some sort of progress and an all inclusive feel good change, have at it. Most likely I will change this from being my default IE homepage.

Thanks for all the work you put into BMO.

I think I know why I feel uneasy with the name change.
BMO was created because you owned a Boss and it became the #1 place to gather info reguarding the Boss.
I was drawn to this site because...WHY? I own a Boss. The site IMO hit a homerun as being a trusted and no BS site. It was like you were home with your Boss and any problems that would arise could be solved or dealt with in the proper manner. Then as time went on the GT350 was born and some of the members sold or just purchased a GT350 outright. Then as these cars started to be ordered and then started to show up, The site started to become more GT350 based than the Boss. Nothing wrong with that because its a new car and we are all mustang fans. As time went on the Boss became less talked about and the GT350 started to dominate the boards to sort of speak. I was still cool with all this happening as new topics are good.
But when the name change occured I felt like we were pushed aside.
My first thoughts were why did this happen when it was Boss owners that made this site. And because of the few 350 owners the site was now Focused on the 350.
I know this may sound like I only care about Boss owners. But thats not true. I think im jealous and would probley see this way different if I was on the other side of the fence (GT350 owner).
OK I've put myself out there and feel a tad better....
TMO it is. But in my head it will always be BOSSMUSTANGONLINE....WHERE ALL MUSTANGS ARE [size=10pt]BOSS[/size]

superhero said:
I think I know why I feel uneasy with the name change.
BMO was created because you owned a Boss and it became the #1 place to gather info reguarding the Boss.
I was drawn to this site because...WHY? I own a Boss. The site IMO hit a homerun as being a trusted and no BS site. It was like you were home with your Boss and any problems that would arise could be solved or dealt with in the proper manner. Then as time went on the GT350 was born and some of the members sold or just purchased a GT350 outright. Then as these cars started to be ordered and then started to show up, The site started to become more GT350 based than the Boss. Nothing wrong with that because its a new car and we are all mustang fans. As time went on the Boss became less talked about and the GT350 started to dominate the boards to sort of speak. I was still cool with all this happening as new topics are good.
But when the name change occured I felt like we were pushed aside.
My first thoughts were why did this happen when it was Boss owners that made this site. And because of the few 350 owners the site was now Focused on the 350.
I know this may sound like I only care about Boss owners. But thats not true. I think im jealous and would probley see this way different if I was on the other side of the fence (GT350 owner).
OK I've put myself out there and feel a tad better....
TMO it is. But in my head it will always be BOSSMUSTANGONLINE....WHERE ALL MUSTANGS ARE [size=10pt]BOSS[/size]
The Boss will always be the Boss. ;D

I think that's a very accurate account of how things have progressed but you left out one item. Activity on the forum has been slowly declining starting about the time when the last Boss 302 was sold off a lot. This happened way before any concrete information became available for the GT350. Without the GT350 discussion activity would be a lot less today. While I did start a separate GT350 forum it became clear early on that including discussion of the GT350 on BMO was the most logical next step and led to where we are today.

Add into that the proliferation of social media, FB now has almost as many Mustang groups as there are Mustang forums on the internet, and you have less activity on all forums. Of course I'm not happy about that but what enthusiast need to consider is what's a better reference site for information, social media or forums where content is easily accessible?

Then you throw in the mass adoption of smart phones to the mix. The forum software provider I use, SMF, is working on a new software upgrade that will scale more nicely on any size screen. I'm disappointed the update isn't already available as I use my phone for monitoring activity and posting on TMO/BMO. If you're familiar with MS Office 365 and it's scaling abilities you'll have a good idea of what the new forum software will be capable of. Tapatalk is available but I'm not a fan of it from both a content provider and user. Stay tuned.

I think forum activity for Boss dedicated forums is decreasing across all sites. The Boss section of SVTP is quite slow as well and b302f is slow as well.

I don't know any hard numbers but I would say a majority of Mustang owners drag race. A small percentage probably road race.

I know a lot of people who have come here from both forums as this seems to be a good site for innovation and progression. I am jealous of GT350 owners and I like to have the latest everything. But I love my 2013 LS as well and won't get a GT350 till I am able to have both.

TMO Supporting Vendors