The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Found an intriguing device today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I stumbled across a very interesting little device today I'm going to install and test. (in the next week).
I will reveal this potentially amazing little thing after I see for myself that it works.

But if you liked the auto-blip (and who doesn't) you will love this one too.....

I overnighted it, that's how excited I am to try it...

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
if its a wot box it may not work on the 12 and up boss's from the remarks on the lethalperformance site. I was going to get one. and it is also not advised to run it with cats or a chambered muffler. as it will cause exhaust damage.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-2012-2013-2014-mustang-gt-5-0l/ignition/n2mb-wot-box/n2mb-racing-dual-feature-wot-box.html

NOTE: Job 2 2011-2012 5.0L Mustang GT's sometimes experience misfire codes due to some changes in the factory calibration. In order to fix the code from coming up on the car your tuner will need to copy over the misfire tables from Job 1 over to the Job 2 tune. Doing so will prevent the misfire code from throwing a check engine light.

The WOT Box adds two major features to any car. They are No-lift shifting and 2-step launch control. Both of these features are completely user-programmable using the WOT Box Graphical User Interface.
The No-Lift Shift feature makes no-lift shifting easy by cutting your engine's ignition for a very short period while you no-lift shift. No-lift shifting is keeping the gas down through the shift.
The ignition cut allows the synchros in your transmission to mesh easily, reducing the chance of missing a gear and damaging your transmission.
Keeping your foot down through the shift also allows you to hold boost through the shift, thereby significantly improving your E.T.

The major benefits are:

Lower ETs
Reduced chance of missing a gear
More consistent, effortless shifts
Reduced wear on the transmission
Reduced chance of major transmission damage

The 2-Step Launch Control modulates the ignition by cutting power to individual ignition coils to hold the RPM you want to launch at. The turbo will spool up while you do this. You can use this feature for a more consistent and more powerful launch in boost!

Justin. You're brilliant.

Well, I have the exhaust for this device (1-7/8" 3" no-cats, straight side-pipes) and will see how it works at VIR later this month.
The WOT box website says it works for '12 Mustangs, but I'll wait til I hear from them since I had to submit my car info.

What's interesting about this device is that it essentially is the exact opposite of the auto-blip.
Where AB revs up on downshifts, the wot-box prevents rev on WOT during upshifts.

Justin

DGRacing said:
Justin. You're brilliant.

Well, I have the exhaust for this device (1-7/8" 3" no-cats, straight side-pipes) and will see how it works at VIR later this month.
The WOT box website says it works for '12 Mustangs, but I'll wait til I hear from them since I had to submit my car info.
if it works on your car without having to do the job thing I will be getting one. its worth quite a bit of ET in most cases. like atleast 2 tenths. I have no cats and MF comp mufflers so I am good to go. its the main reason I switched to them long ago. then I read that and talked to Shaun at AED and he told me he wouldnt do the above instructions.

Since the cat is out of the bag, here is the link.

http://www.n2mb.com/

Like I said, I will try it out. It's designed for racing, so hopefully it helps with speed of shifting 4-5 which is kind of slow under WOT in the MT-82
I have a custom tune, so I'm curious if the CEL is thrown in my case...

Yeah I wanted one for a while too but couldn't find someone to tune for the misfire tables. If you get it working let us know.

I skimmed the install/user guide and FAQ on the website. So far, I didn't notice anything about tuning off CEL's, but I'll inquire about it further.

They guys at N2MB Racing said the CEL issue is only a "possibility with some motors" when using the launch control feature. It doesn't happen during WOT shifting...so that's good for me because I don't need launch control.

Justin

DGRacing said:
They guys at N2MB Racing said the CEL issue is only a "possibility with some motors" when using the launch control feature. It doesn't happen during WOT shifting...so that's good for me because I don't need launch control.
that works for me. I am going to wait and let you tell us if you have any issues with it first before I order one lol

Justin said:
that works for me. I am going to wait and let you tell us if you have any issues with it first before I order one lol

Cool. The device has shipped so I will have my tuner put it in probably next Monday unless it arrives tomorrow and I can squeeze into their schedule this week.

Justin

DGRacing said:
Cool. The device has shipped so I will have my tuner put it in probably next Monday unless it arrives tomorrow and I can squeeze into their schedule this week.
be sure to let us know what settings you find work best

Ya let us know. I hear the auto works well for the liftless shift, shouldn't need to guess with the ms. Keep us posted cause I could use a few free 1/10's

Cant wait for the results, really interested in no-lift shifts. However, how do you dial this thing in? How does it know how long to cut the ignition for during shifts. What are the negatives of cutting and re-igniting the engine so often?

sadil said:
Cant wait for the results, really interested in no-lift shifts. However, how do you dial this thing in? How does it know how long to cut the ignition for during shifts. What are the negatives of cutting and re-igniting the engine so often?

You can set it to a number in ms or you can have it do it in auto where it's as long as you have the clutch in I believe. The downside is it's still fueling with no spark so you'll get some pooling in the exhaust that will re-ignite for a nice backfire/flames. If you have chambered mufflers they can blow the welds up if it gets caught in there. Same with cats. You need no cats and blow through style mufflers.

TMO Supporting Vendors