The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Found Replacement Car For My Totaled 2013 LS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have managed to replace my 2013 LS with another 2013 LS.
After two failed attempts, I finally pulled the trigger. The new car has 21 miles, and has been pampered living in a climate controlled barn that Carrol Shelby once called Mustang Heaven. The process of dealing with the insurance Company has been very professional.
When everything is complete I will have come out of this pretty close to even with the exception of the cost to have the replacement car transported.
I really wanted a GT350R, But After several discussions with Dealers I decided to wait for their bubble to burst. If the production numbers I have been seeing are correct, mark ups north of $5000.00 are insane.
The Boss may not be a GT350, but since I do not track the car, it will provide me with some very enjoyable miles. I will ultimately get a GT350, I just really have a problem with the whole concept of tacking on mark ups to the MSRP.

Congratulations! Post up photos of your new car when it arrives and remember: The BOSS will always be the BOSS. ;)

TMSBOSS said:
Sounds like a good experience with your insurance company.

Do you mind sharing the company and coverage type?

21 miles is less that what my Boss had at delivery.
Insurance Company was "Donegal"
Car came from "Millers Mustang Barn" in Florida. The Car was delivered with 11 miles, The cars are Started and moved once a month. Anyone looking for a Mustang, Shelby, Roush etc. Should check this place out. They are closing the facility all cars will be sold.

Replacement car is "Black"
I really put a lot of time into finding the right car. Along the way I found the Black cars to be a little higher in price, and disappearing relatively quickly.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Congrats. Beautiful car. I too just acquired a 2012 LS but in Ingot Silver/Red with 1000 miles on the clock and low production #. LS#46. I too was trying to find a GT350R but the mark ups will be ridiculous for a year or so until they start finding their way onto the used market.

I don't think you made a wrong decision.

The way I figured it the Boss will likely hold its value in the near future and possibly even be a collectible in the future. While the GT350 will be a more potent track machine the Boss is still very very capable. With only 1500 Boss LS's made and the Boss heritage my thought was I can't lose. As someone said the Boss will always be the Boss.

REAL 1 said:
Congrats. Beautiful car. I too just acquired a 2012 LS but in Ingot Silver/Red with 1000 miles on the clock and low production #. LS#46. I too was trying to find a GT350R but the mark ups will be ridiculous for a year or so until they start finding their way onto the used market.

I don't think you made a wrong decision.

The way I figured it the Boss will likely hold its value in the near future and possibly even be a collectible in the future. While the GT350 will be a more potent track machine the Boss is still very very capable. With only 1500 Boss LS's made and the Boss heritage my thought was I can't lose. As someone said the Boss will always be the Boss.
My previous LS was LS359 the vin # did not match the cars LS#
The replacement car is LS020 with matching vin, advertised 20 miles but actually 21.6
I had made some modifications on the original car, 302 S hood & Grill, Cobra Jet side window treatment, 2012 Dash POD, MGW shifter. At this point I have not decided if I will go that route. I was able to keep all the modified parts except the shifter.
It was an easy decision for me to replace the Boss with another Boss at this time.
I am convinced the GT350 & GT350R cars are a step or two ahead in performance.
And I am going to buy. The 2012 & 2013 Boss Cars were produced because of the perception that the 1969 & 1970 Boss cars were great cars. The new Boss cars are great driving cars today, and will remain the benchmark or target for awhile. These cars are a fantastic value, and will remain so. In the world of great cars even if you overpay a bit, that changes over time.

VooDooBOSS said:
FWIW the first 50 LS cars from both 2012 and 2013 had serial numbers and VIN's that matched. I do not believe any of the other Bosses matched.
Thanks for passing that on, I wonder what the significance of that was.[glow=red,2,300][/glow]

AFAIK many of the 50 cars each year were sold to Ford employees and FoF's or friends of Ford. ;) It was just something cool they did and the benefit to you is if these cars become valuable some day the first 50 with matching numbers should be a bit more valuable. They may have done this with other special edition cars in the past and I'm pretty sure the 137 2015 GT350's were done this way.

VooDooBOSS said:
AFAIK many of the 50 cars each year were sold to Ford employees and FoF's or friends of Ford. ;) It was just something cool they did and the benefit to you is if these cars become valuable some day the first 50 with matching numbers should be a bit more valuable. They may have done this with other special edition cars in the past and I'm pretty sure the 137 2015 GT350's were done this way.
The friends of Ford is the answer here. I purchased this car from Millers Mustang Barn. The owner is Jack Miller, a multi billionaire.

He owns the Largest collection of collectable Mustangs in the world. In some cases he owns the first, and last serial number/vin number of several different years Shelbys, Roushs etc.
Many executives from Ford have toured the Mustang Barn. The strange thing to me was learning that he paid $10K over. It would be interesting to know who owns #1 through 19.

I hate to sound like an advertisement, but everyone that is into Mustangs should google
Millers Mustang Barn to drool over this guys cars. By the way they are all for sale.

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
GT390 said:
The friends of Ford is the answer here. I purchased this car from Millers Mustang Barn. The owner is Jack Miller, a multi billionaire.

He owns the Largest collection of collectable Mustangs in the world. In some cases he owns the first, and last serial number/vin number of several different years Shelbys, Roushs etc.
Many executives from Ford have toured the Mustang Barn. The strange thing to me was learning that he paid $10K over. It would be interesting to know who owns #1 through 19.

I hate to sound like an advertisement, but everyone that is into Mustangs should google
Millers Mustang Barn to drool over this guys cars. By the way they are all for sale.

Thanks for posting about Miller's Mustang Barn, definitely worth the Google-time. What is it about Miller's and Fords/Mustangs. LOL.

So i guess the reason you went with this one was the low miles :)

What did the seller give the reason for him wanting to let her go, i mean normally, when you put a brand new car away in storage its going to be a long term investment to be brought out in 20 years time or somebody has to make you a very high offer

what were the reasons can you share with us?

Ian

big red one said:
So i guess the reason you went with this one was the low miles :)

What did the seller give the reason for him wanting to let her go, i mean normally, when you put a brand new car away in storage its going to be a long term investment to be brought out in 20 years time or somebody has to make you a very high offer

what were the reasons can you share with us?

Ian

The reason this car was for sale is due to the liquidation of probably the largest private collection in the world. The cars previous owner was the Miller Mustang Barn/Mustang Barn in Jupiter, Florida. The owner is in bad health, and is selling off all of the classic/collectible cars he owns.

TMO Supporting Vendors