The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FP350S ABS braking issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a 2017 FP350S (#49) and don’t think my ABS is working right. Several “offs” under high speed (140 plus) hard braking. No confidence now braking really late and hard. Already changed front pads to Ferodo’s that helped a lot, smoother initial bite, less likely to lock up fronts. I want to disable the ABS and see what that is like. How would I do that? Pull a fuse?B3AE521D-10F2-4BDA-96D6-B9436EFDD5BC.jpeg

Pulling a fuse should work, however if the ECU needs wheels speeds for certain functions it is going to mess that up. Maybe try to pull the pump/valves fuse and leave the module alive. It would also help you see lockups in the data and adjust your driving style for it. However I'd try to solve the problem vs trying to drive an ABS car without ABS.

Have you looked at the data to see what wheel speeds are doing when these issues happen?

Pulling a fuse should work, however if the ECU needs wheels speeds for certain functions it is going to mess that up. Maybe try to pull the pump/valves fuse and leave the module alive. It would also help you see lockups in the data and adjust your driving style for it. However I'd try to solve the problem vs trying to drive an ABS car without ABS.

Have you looked at the data to see what wheel speeds are doing when these issues happen?
Unfortunately I am not that tech savvy and have not tried to solve anything. I have just been braking a little earlier and not as hard. It is not a big problem since I think I am just going to HPDE the car and not race it anymore. I will try pulling a fuse and see what happens I guess. Just wondering if others have ABS kick in on the GT350’s and how well it works?

Every street or street based racecar with ABS I've driven activate the ABS a lot more than most people realize. I would invest in the time to look at the data or have someone look at the data and video (if you've got it) before disabling it as the hydraulics are designed to work ABS. You will need to massively back off the pedal pressure without it.

Every street or street based racecar with ABS I've driven activate the ABS a lot more than most people realize. I would invest in the time to look at the data or have someone look at the data and video (if you've got it) before disabling it as the hydraulics are designed to work ABS. You will need to massively back off the pedal pressure without it.
I guess I will try to lock up the brakes next time in a slow and then a faster section and see what happens and see if I pull some data from the Motec data acquisition. Unfortunately I am not that tech savvy. Thanks

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel