The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FP350S EPAS STEERING RACK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardkat

CAMtard
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Lake Oswego, OR
IIRC, it will neutralize the anti-nibble “feature” that swapping to poly bushings on the front control arms can cause. I remember @Fair posting a video years ago showing the shudder on track.

..... and I’m an idiot, you were talking about the S550, ignore :)
I haven’t seen a need to swap as yet (no noticeable dysfunction in this EPAS rack) but would also be interested to hear from anyone that has.

IIRC, it will neutralize the anti-nibble “feature” that swapping to poly bushings on the front control arms can cause. I remember @Fair posting a video years ago showing the shudder on track.

..... and I’m an idiot, you were talking about the S550, ignore :)
I haven’t seen a need to swap as yet (no noticeable dysfunction in this EPAS rack) but would also be interested to hear from anyone that has.

I reached out to Capaldi Racing to see if they had any input. I will let you know what they say.

This is interesting to me. It would seem that having an electronic steering rack, that at some point in time there could be some sort of tuning device that could adjust the assist and change the feel.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel