The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FP350S parts now available from Watson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TX
Apologies if these have been posted already, but I saw Watson added a few FP350S goodies to their catalog.

S550 Front Brake Ducts - $650

Camber plates - $600

Radiator ducting - $625

I'm personally eyeballing those camber plates

GA
I'm confused... how is that better than the Vorshlag camber plates.... What am I not understanding. With Vorshlag, I can jack both sides undo the bolts a few turns, throw the wheels in whatever direction, tighten the nuts down, bring the car down, and torque to 18 ft/lbs and call the camber set. Caster, that's a lot difficult but I'm not focused on drag anyways.

I'm confused... how is that better than the Vorshlag camber plates.... What am I not understanding. With Vorshlag, I can jack both sides undo the bolts a few turns, throw the wheels in whatever direction, tighten the nuts down, bring the car down, and torque to 18 ft/lbs and call the camber set. Caster, that's a lot difficult but I'm not focused on drag anyways.
The shims give you the ability to make measured changes across a range of variability. Of course the additional expense here is in either understanding what each of those shim changes means, or having the equipment with you to check camber changes as you move them around.

For someone who's going from a 3.0 degree negative "track" setting back to a 2.0 degree negative "street" setting and back and forth it probably won't be any better, but if you're wanting to go from 2.7 to 2.8 or 3.0 to 3.2 during the middle of a track day you can do a simple unbolt and shim swap to accomplish this track side. The price and adjustability are outside the needs of most people, but for those pushing for the absolute these offer a benefit over something like the Vorschlags.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Probably would be great for racer types looking for every millisecond, but for average track day people it's probably overkill. My experience is there seems to be a limit around -4 of what you can get with a Vorshlag, depending on a lot of other factors, and that's more than enough for track day types. I run -3.5 and it seems to be ideal for balancing grip and tire wear, at least for me on the tracks I run.

In the V6L
I've come to appreciate "bulletproofness" as a valuable attribute of modification parts I put on my cars. I like the Watson units because they don't rely on friction to keep the settings in place. No slotted bolt holes anywhere. Once it's done up, it can't move without tearing the entire fender apart.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Excuse my lack of knowledge but is there a video or manual on how to adjust the camber plates or how it works?
Visual learner here lol.

TX
Excuse my lack of knowledge but is there a video or manual on how to adjust the camber plates or how it works?
Visual learner here lol.
Loosen the bolts up and move the shim from one side to the other. This makes small camber changes consistent and predictable.

TMO Supporting Vendors