The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FPRS GT350R Endurance Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
Just got these sent over today. Been having a really good time working with the Ford Performance Racing School. They received the first 3 sets of Signature Wheel SV502 Track Spec for the incoming FP350S. They liked them enough that they ordered two more sets for their GT350R. That FP350S car has smaller AP Racing brakes so they ordered 18” wheels. The 18” wheel was test fit on the R but didn’t clear the OEM GT350R brakes. So we are building them some R spec wheels now

This car will compete in a 25 hour Endurance race and a few others. It will feature the FP350S headers and exhaust along with all you see below. Maybe you track guys can spot everything. I will continually update info about this car and the FP350S in the Signature Wheel thread.

61768101_6_D6_E_4_A08_8_CE1_1_D0958_F75099.jpg
081_D47_BD_13_C7_47_AB_9_E99_1_F3_DD09495_A6.jpg
817026_D0_2_E0_F_4_A32_9_B1_B_0931169_D7993.jpg
75_DD9423_CC4_C_4_CAF_BFA6_A892_AB5810_EA.jpg

Very cool. Keep those photos coming.

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
As promised I had an opportunity to spend a little more time with the Ford Performance Racing School GT350R after the Raptor Assault. The philosophy used to build this car, and the story behind it make it even more interesting. FPRS got this car shortly after they received their school GT350’s. Their contact at Ford HQ actually called FPRS and informed them that they had 3 EXTRA GT350R models, and wanted to know if they wanted them. You can only imagine what the answer was…

FPRS_GT350_R_4_2.jpg

This car will live its life at FPRS and also see duty at some local race events. It turns out this will not be an endurance car, but in fact the FP350S will be. The philosophy behind the car is keep as many OEM components/systems on it as possible in an effort to show how capable the car is. A Watson Racing Cage, A/C delete, FP350S exhaust, full race gauges, and some sticky tires are all that is in store at the moment. The A/C delete caused some issues as it left an open space in the boxed lower portion of the engine compartment. This required some new boxing to be done to keep turbulence out of the engine bay and under the car. After speaking with Dan McKeever we may also see an MGW shifter on the vehicle for some serious track validation.

FPRS_GT350_R_3_2.jpg

There area few very unique parts and problems associated with this build. First off, the removal of many sensors and computers not needed for track use has caused issues with the ECU. Something as simple as swapping the exhaust will remove the exhaust butterflys. As many of us know the car will not allow you to switch drive modes without them cycling through properly. This problem has reoccurred in other areas where sensors were removed, and will require some innovating tuning from one of the technicians at Ford.

FPRS_GT350_R_2_2.jpg

One of the most interesting features about his build is the use of Boss 302 headers! That’s right, OEM Boss 302 headers bolt right up to the Voodoo. The flange that connects to the midpipe is not the same, but you could modify that portion of the exhaust to make it work. If you had a set laying around from the sale of your Boss, or wanted to run an aftermarket shorty header for the Boss you could.

FPRS_GT350_R_5_2.jpg
FPRS_GT350_R_6_2.jpg

There are also some very slick quick release trunk latches discreetly built into the trunk and wing.

FPRS_GT350_R_1_2.jpg
FPRS_GT350_R_7_2.jpg
FPRS_GT350_R_8_2.jpg

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
There has been progress. I got the update from FPRS on Tuesday that their GT350R was going to be complete by the end of the week. Both sets of the SV502 were still in transit through UPS. Luckily the wheels were scheduled to be delivered on Friday and everything worked out.

I just got these photos today and have to admit I am VERY impressed with how the gloss gunmetal SV502 look against the Shadow Black. Really digging what they did with the interior also.

SV502 FRPS GT350R (1).jpgSV502 FRPS GT350R (2).jpgSV502 FRPS GT350R (3).jpg

There has been progress. I got the update from FPRS on Tuesday that their GT350R was going to be complete by the end of the week. Both sets of the SV502 were still in transit through UPS. Luckily the wheels were scheduled to be delivered on Friday and everything worked out.

I just got these photos today and have to admit I am VERY impressed with how the gloss gunmetal SV502 look against the Shadow Black. Really digging what they did with the interior also.

View attachment 3755View attachment 3756View attachment 3757

In curious why use the boss 302 header vs the stock header or a aftermarket LT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pointless using boss headers over GT350 headers. Why not keep the stock headers or use long tubes. All coyote and voodoo headers bolt up to the 5.2.
But you can’t bolt voodoo headers to a coyote.

Makes no sense.
I really don’t get the point of this build as far as the parts choice goes.
Those are not FP catch cans
Why not use the oem carbon wheels?
Did they or are they going to swap to a cross plane crank?
The dash has Alcantara

Can’t call it an endurance gt350R if they happen to replace a lot of the oem R parts.
I hope they don’t replace the FPC

Last edited:

50Deep

Jockin' GT350's
Sacramento
FPRS finally has the in house GT350R project on the ground. The car was taken out for some initial shake down passes at Utah Motorsports park. It sounds like it will be faster than the Boss 302 cars they have on hand, and the car still has some minor tweaking left to be done. Rather impressive of the GT350R if when compared to a prepped Boss 302. Our Signature Wheel SV502 held up great as well.

SV502 GT350R FPRS (1).jpgSV502 GT350R FPRS (4).jpgSV502 GT350R FPRS (5).jpg

FPRS finally has the in house GT350R project on the ground. The car was taken out for some initial shake down passes at Utah Motorsports park. It sounds like it will be faster than the Boss 302 cars they have on hand, and the car still has some minor tweaking left to be done. Rather impressive of the GT350R if when compared to a prepped Boss 302. Our Signature Wheel SV502 held up great as well.

View attachment 3876View attachment 3877View attachment 3878

It should be faster given the motor and new suspension design vs the Boss.

TMO Supporting Vendors