The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FR500 Differential Bushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I've been trying to track down what kind of differential bushing the FR500 cars run but haven't been able to dig anything up. Does anyone have that information? I know we've got some owners here. I appreciate your help!

Came with stock Ford OEM 2008 Mustang GT diff housing bushing.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I think the main reason is cost. Ford has to have a very good reason to change a part like that when considering that they stock complete rear axle assemblies. Changing just the bushing would add another assembly part number/etc. I doubt the bushing is changed on the 302S or 302R also, for the same reasons. I think only the upper arm and upper/front bushing was upgraded with the spherical.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel