The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Front LCA's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is there any difference between a Ford and a Motorcraft front control arm?
I have enough hard miles that I think it's time to replace them.
Thanks

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Same thing. The GT500 control arm is an affordable upgrade for early S197 cars with the 18mm ball joint that a quick drop in.

If you're looking for more performance use for 05-10 cars, it could be worth picking up another used set of arms to use as cores (or use your own if the car can be apart for a bit), then add new bushings/ball joints from Whiteline, Energy Suspension, or others.

For 11-14, the Ford Racing control arm setup with Howe ball joints is a great package.

I did the GT500 LCA on my 07 with 90k miles. They felt noticeably stiffer and the arms are made with much beefier steel than the stock ones. Think they ran $280 for the pair

Utah
I replaced the ones on my car shortly after I started tracking it with the GT500 arms. Cut off the Hydro bushing and have been running a few sets of Prothane since then. They made a difference in feel for sure. Since then I have put on Steeda long ball joints etc. Good replacement arms as has been stated.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I just bore the lower ball joint hole in the spindle to 19mm and use the later 19mm ball joints.

TMO Supporting Vendors