The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Front left squeak- help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7C37722D-C86B-4522-8C47-D5DF6A9B3CFD.jpeg Alright, I picked up another Boss. This has cortex single adjustable coilovers / cc plates along with the shortened end links.

Before I bought the car, a Ben calimer stage one was installed. They dropped the k member to get the trans on, then bolted it back up. Since then, there has been a squeak in the front left from what sounds like the strut tower. It does not occur when there is a load on the suspension. It actually goes away completely even when lifted slightly from the chassis. The coilovers were rebuilt just 10 months ago and have had a few weekends on them.

I took it to firestone I frequent for alignments, we saw that the front left spring was out of its “seat”, but even after correcting this the squeak remains. You don’t hear it when driving, it’s only when stopped or going slow and turning left more so than right.

Their only other ideas were ball joints? Anyone have any ideas as to where I should look tomorrow? Would a bad strut cause this? I guess I’m looking for things to check as I understand we won’t solve it here.

Obligatory pic of the new car next to the OG.

Last edited:

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Maybe a video clip would help. But there's enough changed on the car that I would check *everything* modified for proper torque spec first. Or at least start with the front left since it sounds like the source. Good luck!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel