The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Front license plate holder for ZL1 Addons tow hook receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Front license plate holder for our tow hook receiver we are now making. I need feedback on where you guys would want it placed in front of the fascia??? I prefer not to block the lower grill so thinking of keeping it up high???

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
without seeing some pictures hard to say. I would probably only have it on when in town so if part of the lower fascia was covered it wouldn't hinder performance

I agree with Matt, if I'm using the license plate holder it won't make a big difference if the fascia is covered. Will it matter if whether the tow hook has the small or large shaft?

What I need to know, is it ok to cover the lower grill? It can not go any higher than the bottom of plate at the shaft. The shaft size does not mater holding the plate, anyone would do.

I would like the plate to be as centered as possible top to bottom in the lower grill. Like I said before, if I'm on the street with the plate, it won't make too much of a difference on the airflow.

TMO Supporting Vendors