Front Rotor Cracks

Discussion in 'Brakes, Wheels and Tires' started by StigsBaldBrother, Feb 26, 2017.

1. HardYakka

HardYakka Avalanche Gray '17

@StigsBaldBrother great point re: cross-drilled rotors. I've never had a pair so, learned something new. Makes complete sense now that I imagine the process.

Oh, so my lowest caliper reading up front was 35.6mm and I had to hunt around for that outlier. most where 35.8.... so the Stealership earns its reputation, once again :)

2. bpracer

bpracer Mark

Turning rotors with holes is not really any different than with slots. You can always increase the rms finish, more like the final pass instead of a quick initial cut.

Unless they are warped, why bother.

I think these rotors "float" radially not side to side, so you might be able to cut them...maybe?

Cleaning the holes periodically might reduce your rust. They do get packed with pad and iron dust easily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

3. Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton TMO Addict

When you do get a new set of rotors I would recommend looking towards a set of slotted rotors instead -- Girodisc makes a great set and they are made in the US. I have never been a fan of drilled rotors , I am hard on rotors and have cracked the sets I had fairly early.

HardYakka likes this.