The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Front Rotor Cracks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HardYakka

Avalanche Gray '17
@StigsBaldBrother great point re: cross-drilled rotors. I've never had a pair so, learned something new. Makes complete sense now that I imagine the process.

Oh, so my lowest caliper reading up front was 35.6mm and I had to hunt around for that outlier. most where 35.8.... so the Stealership earns its reputation, once again :)

DFW, TX
Turning rotors with holes is not really any different than with slots. You can always increase the rms finish, more like the final pass instead of a quick initial cut.

Unless they are warped, why bother.

I think these rotors "float" radially not side to side, so you might be able to cut them...maybe?

Cleaning the holes periodically might reduce your rust. They do get packed with pad and iron dust easily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
When you do get a new set of rotors I would recommend looking towards a set of slotted rotors instead -- Girodisc makes a great set and they are made in the US. I have never been a fan of drilled rotors , I am hard on rotors and have cracked the sets I had fairly early.

TMO Supporting Vendors