The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Front Seat Belt removal with Harness install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well if you can't cut a hole in the passenger side that's out. My friend is using the clip option similar to how Pete is running it and he doesn't like it. It seems like it would work fine though and I'm sure I'll start with that.

I have the CoolTech 6 points and use them for my daily driving. It only takes about 10-15 seconds to buckle in and I guess I just like the way I'm held in.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
5 DOT 0 said:
Well if you can't cut a hole in the passenger side that's out. My friend is using the clip option similar to how Pete is running it and he doesn't like it. It seems like it would work fine though and I'm sure I'll start with that.

What does he not like about them ?

Ive got both, i did drive on the street once with the harness and found that i could not lean forward to see past my passenger when exiting a junction so for me i cant imagine driving on street with harnesses plus your seatbelt warning is going to chime all the time

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
big red one said:
Ive got both, i did drive on the street once with the harness and found that i could not lean forward to see past my passenger when exiting a junction so for me i cant imagine driving on street with harnesses plus your seatbelt warning is going to chime all the time

Yes, the chime can be disabled but it is illegal to use harnesses when driving on the street, at least here in the Northeast.

Sesshomurai

Haven't tried this myself, but:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5938366_disable-seatbelt-warning-mustang.html

I installed Recaro seats not Ford seats and you can get all the electronics to work fine with them a bit of work swapping everything over. I did buy the test resistors to turn off the side airbag warning light. All it would take to install race harness is to trick the switch in the belt you could do that by simply pulling the belt out and clamping it or shorting the switch. For the track with harness I'd remove the air bags altogether. If they blow they cost a lot to replace and will do you no good with a harness.

TMO Supporting Vendors