The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

front splash guards/mud flaps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

after a recent trip to heartland park Topeka sand blasting and gravel I had major damage to my side skirts and lower door panels.

Was searching the webs and found these front splash guards to hopefully protect my car in the future after I get it repaired.

http://jaegerbrothersauto.com/auto-parts/2010-2013%20Mustang%20Stone%20Guards,%20Front%20pair%20all%20models_593.html

Anybody have any other options they have seen?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I have something similar, but I have a friend with those and they fit better than mine. Mine don't have the spacers which help keep the rocks from getting in between and close the visual gap.

I also have the same mud flaps. A significant improvement over no flaps in protecting the skirts and doors, and they look good as well. Don't know why Ford doesn't include front flaps stock...

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
forcefedcobra said:
after a recent trip to heartland park Topeka sand blasting and gravel I had major damage to my side skirts and lower door panels.

Was searching the webs and found these front splash guards to hopefully protect my car in the future after I get it repaired.

http://jaegerbrothersauto.com/auto-parts/2010-2013%20Mustang%20Stone%20Guards,%20Front%20pair%20all%20models_593.html

That is the brand I use. Not as good quality material as the factory rears, but they have a fine fit.

frontstoneguard1_zpseefc3477.png

GB218

TMO Addict
+1 for the Jaeger Bros.

I would cringe every time I drove down the road and heard everything kicking up on the car. The pirelli's grab every grain of dirt/sand/stone on the road.

I also can't believe Ford Racing hasn't introduced a set for the front.

Has anyone tried the using the 3M clear covering on their rocker panels or side skirts? Hopefully it would protect them from whatever gets past the flaps.

GB218 said:
+1 for the Jaeger Bros.

I would cringe every time I drove down the road and heard everything kicking up on the car. The pirelli's grab every grain of dirt/sand/stone on the road.

I also can't believe Ford Racing hasn't introduced a set for the front.

Has anyone tried the using the 3M clear covering on their rocker panels or side skirts? Hopefully it would protect them from whatever gets past the flaps.

I had the 3M-like stuff on my last car's rockers (+front bumper, hood, etc.) and it worked very well at preventing rock chips.

TMO Supporting Vendors