The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Front splitter repaired...still not sure it's 100% right...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuckersmg said:
q9z9Mzd.jpg
My rear bumper cover has same issues as yours. Fit and finish leaves a bit to be desired.
Mine is that bad. It is the only one that doesn't look very good. I played with it a little and it won't get any better as the angle that it joins to is just wrong.

mattlqx

Mustangless
The rear bumper cover on my '16 was literally almost falling off. Way worse than those photos but it started off looking similar. Took it to Ford who gave it to a body shop to take off and put back on. It was back to looking like the photos. My '17 looks the same.

This is unfortunately how Ford is okay with them fitting it seems like. Whether it's even possible to have the gap completely closed, I don't know, I haven't seen it yet.

TMO Supporting Vendors