The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Front Splitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was wondering how difficult it would be to remove the push pins holding the splitter on under the front bumper. They do not look reusable.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
badasbullitt said:
I was wondering how difficult it would be to remove the push pins holding the splitter on under the front bumper. They do not look reusable.

They CAN be reusable, but expect about a 10% failure rate.

I get replacements at my dealer. I bring in what I need and he matches them up. No charge.

Dorman and other companies offer replacements.

So how do you remove them? Do you have to push the tabs together on top and then pull through the bottom? It is pretty hard to see how they work the way they sit inside the lower grill opening.

Pretty sure you use a standard screw driver to pull the inner part out and then you can pull the whole pin out.

TMO Supporting Vendors