The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Front Sway Bar End Link Question - Boss 302S Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here knows if the Boss 302S uses a regular old "static" OEM front sway bar end link one side of the car or if its something special? I'm pretty sure its "static" but I've yet to find a picture of what the part looks like they are using. Is it the same one found on a regular GT?

I know the 302S uses one of these or one very similar on the opposite side of the car for the FSB to remove Preload.

http://shop.watsonracing.com/MUSTANG-ADJUSTABLE-SWAY-BAR-LINK-p/wr-rrfrtswaybarlnk.htm

Thanks for any info you can provide on this

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a good answer on what the two End Link types are used by the Boss 302S when I called Watson Racing up the other day so I ended up just picking up two of the adjustable replacement links used by the 302S.

Interestingly, I received two different designs when the End Links arrived seen below. One of them is a closed back design which I liked better for several reasons and the other End Links (ie..the Gold back ones) came with the Zerk fittings not connected to the Arms and also used a different Boot design as well.

Believe it or not but those Zerk fittings were a real B1tch to install into the back of the End Links. The Zerks had to be disassembled and a socket was needed in order to apply enough force for them to thread properly into the back of the End Links. Damn near stripped the nuts all to hell just getting them screwed in and the Loc Tight applied to the Nipple was an added bonus to deal with :eek:

Sometimes its the simple crap that gives the biggest headaches.

All in all the MOOG Adjustable End Links were pretty nice and worked out well. I bought them because they are much lower in profile then my Strano/UMI Links used previously which I unfortunately forgot to install onto the strut before installing the Strut itself. Clearance to hold the Allen nut for torquing them down was non-existent with the old Links once the strut is installed.

Closed Back Design ( Came with Zerks already installed but the boot used is not as good)

19131848855_a4a6abcc9f_c.jpg

Gold Back Design ( Zerks not installed from factory but the boot used is much better)

19126174872_ac58651d10_c.jpg

Black Boss said:
302S used the MOOG adjustables.

Thanks,

Is that on both sides of the car? For whatever reason I was under the impression that one side of the car was using a static End Link of some sort.

Do you need two? When I had CorteX install my suspension upgrades I gave them the green light to install two and they only installed one and used it when my car was corner balanced.

NFSBOSS said:
Do you need two? When I had CorteX install my suspension upgrades I gave them the green light to install two and they only installed one and used it when my car was corner balanced.

No, you only need 1 to corner balance. I installed 2 to avoid the need to trim the stud to fit 10.5" wheels and 305's. May not be an issue with the Cortex geometry.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Black Boss said:
No, you only need 1 to corner balance. I installed 2 to avoid the need to trim the stud to fit 10.5" wheels and 305's. May not be an issue with the Cortex geometry.

This. For the geometry, and the tube size. My stock links/bolts do not protrude past the tube.

TMO Supporting Vendors