The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Front Sway bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
Thinking about changing the front sway bar after this weekend, any thoughts on the way to go? Didn’t see anything posted recently. Thanks.
I run Steeda front bar (2nd hole from soft) with PP rear bar and I could say it's an amazing solution for my case worked great with the OEM PP1 suspension and even better with the Ohlins R&T currently on the car. Hope this helps.

I run Steeda front bar (2nd hole from soft) with PP rear bar and I could say it's an amazing solution for my case worked great with the OEM PP1 suspension and even better with the Ohlins R&T currently on the car. Hope this helps.
Steeda has 2, one is 1 ½ “, which one did you use?

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Scottsdale
I also run the Steeda 1 3/8 front bar with the Steeda rear bar too. I have mine set for the softest setting on the rear and running hole 3. I think it might also depend on your front spring rate. Mine are 275 lbs. It has been a good set up so far. Quite happy with the whole feel and balance of the car.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
I also run the Steeda 1 3/8 front bar with the Steeda rear bar too. I have mine set for the softest setting on the rear and running hole 3. I think it might also depend on your front spring rate. Mine are 275 lbs. It has been a good set up so far. Quite happy with the whole feel and balance of the car.
I'm at 515 lbs front but my shocks are doing the work to keep the car balanced with 305 tires car is almost perfectly balanced have a bit of oversteer. But very controlled when switched to OEM tire sizes it moves the balance to some understeer so it's really hard to dial out without moving the balance in the wrong direction.

I wish someone (with a very boring life) would put all thes ebars in a fixture and measure their stiffness and create a chart. The normal standard for the old S197 was the Ford "blue" bar up front and the 18mm or no bar in the rear, I'm not sure the gold standard has been established for the S550 series yet.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
I wish someone (with a very boring life) would put all thes ebars in a fixture and measure their stiffness and create a chart. The normal standard for the old S197 was the Ford "blue" bar up front and the 18mm or no bar in the rear, I'm not sure the gold standard has been established for the S550 series yet.
For me steeda front with PP1 rear is the golden standard. Surely if you are running 1200 or more springs on the back then something softer like the new competition bar may be useful. But overall stiff front/soft rear really works on the S550.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
I saw a clever test setup (on a porsche) with the bars in the car, one endlink disconnected, and a rod/cable on the loose end, linked to a stack of gym weights. Weights were added to get to a measured deflection - 1/4" or 1/2" to calculate the true rate.

PXL_20220625_215312329.jpg

PXL_20220625_215320364.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors