The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FRPP Cooling Fan - M-8C607-MSVT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Very detailed and thorough information of what I was getting at...our temperatures and the PCM's reaction to them are determined by the CHT. The ECT displayed on our aeroforce guages is a claculation (estimate) based on the CHT.

What I'd really like to know if why our aerofrce guages do not display the CHT? There is a reading for it but it mimics whatever the guage was displaying prior to switching to CHT. Our cars use the CHT reading and it is available for display on the 2013 so why doesn't it display on the aerofroce?

Gary - I'd agree that your longtubes should reduce the heat even further. (they sound great BTW!)

My coolant temp sensor is mounted in the left side of the engine block. There is a thread in plug. I think this is were the block heater is installed? Driving normal on thee street, the coolant temp runs 180 to 185. On the track, the max I have seen is somewhere around 205. Only cooling mod I have is a 302S grille installed. But.... I have not run the car on the track in ambient temps higher than 90's

I ordered the cooling fan and the 302S oil cooler this morning from True Blue(Fred Beans Ford,Pa).I know what my temperatures are on track because I have true water temperature mounted at the block heater location and oil temp at the filter pad with an adaptor.I also have the 302S grill.That being said the water temperature is not a problem 210 at most.The oil temp is another story.Even on a 75 deg day I was seeing 260+ oil temp without pushing too hard.I'd be a lot more comfortable keeping the oil temp under 240 max,even pushing hard in the heat.I guess we'll see what happens.My only concern is running oil temps that are too cool.If that happens I'll add an inline oil temperature thermostat.I'll keep you posted.
Guy

cloud9 said:
It would also be easier if you were flushing coolant at the same time, but since my motor was just out they flushed the coolant and I didn't want to drain the system.

Gary, you still running a coolant mixture. Dean told me last year to run water, I have distilled water, 2-3 bottles of water wetter and maybe 5% coolant. Like you know running sea level makes a difference but I have yet to see 250 (off the ODBII which is CHT I guess) with only the water, grill and 302S radiator as mods to the cooling system.

Another thing I need to do is block off the hole where the hood latch is, you may want to do that also (I assume you are using pins only like me).

cloud9 said:
I just wanted to order it online and be done, but you could probably call any of your favorite FRPP suppliers and get it for a similar or even lower price.

181.50 ;D It is not just price at Tousley, all the guys are nice and helpful. Steve who does the Ford Racing parts is very knowledgeable and always willing to take the time to get your order right.

I kept the hood latch to avoid too much pressure on the inner pin locations......hood's pretty thin there. I know the benefits of just water and water wetter but it's less hassle for you Florida boys that don't have to flush and fill with coolant every winter ;) That will be my next step if I'm still having issues.

cloud9 said:
I kept the hood latch to avoid too much pressure on the inner pin locations......hood's pretty thin there. I know the benefits of just water and water wetter but it's less hassle for you Florida boys that don't have to flush and fill with coolant every winter ;) That will be my next step if I'm still having issues.

Hey it gets into the lower 50's during winter sometimes, I leave the water running in the house so the pipes don't freeze!

So far so good with the hood, I do have some other cracks all over the hood. Asked a rep at KB about this a few weeks ago, said he was going to look into it but I never heard back.

Front1_zps7f989dec.png
Front2_zps53053696.png
Leftside2_zps0d79de03.png
Middle1_zps4f760b43.png

Forgot to mention another thing in the post above. On a friend's S here he has a note on the steering wheel to turn the fans on after two laps. I know Dean set up that car but don't know if that is something he added (a fan switch) or it comes that way. Maybe Smitty or another S owner can weigh in. With this new fan I am thinking about doing the same thing. I kept forgetting to ask about this when I see them, next time you talk with Dean ask him what he thinks.

2012YellowBoss said:
So far so good with the hood, I do have some other cracks all over the hood. Asked a rep at KB about this a few weeks ago, said he was going to look into it but I never heard back.

I assume that is the Tiger 302S fiberglass hood. Are you seeing any cracks on the underside? Are they just surface cracks and could it be a paint issue?

LS110 said:
I assume that is the Tiger 302S fiberglass hood. Are you seeing any cracks on the underside? Are they just surface cracks and could it be a paint issue?

That was one question I had asked KB, the cracks in the middle and rear may be paint but the ones up front look to deep to be. Guess I will find out if I ever get around to painting it. I never took a hard look underneath - maybe I should.

EDIT - It is CF not glass

I think the water wetter really helps. I live in NE PA and keep a 30-40% coolant, 2 bottles of water wetter and the rest water year round.

Thanks for confirming your guage sensor info, Mike. See you at the Glen this year!

TMO Supporting Vendors