The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FRPP Front LCA Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What else are you going?

Those control arms don't have any bushings.

You'll need FRPP 2005-2014 MUSTANG COMPETITION FRONT BUSHING KIT M-56388-C http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=13110

- Front lower control arm bushing kit for 2005-2014 Mustang
- Original equipment on 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet and Mustang Boss 302S
- Fits Mustang Boss 302R, FR500C, FR500S, 2005-2014 Mustang GT, V-6, Shelby GT-500 and 2012-2013 Mustang Boss 302
- Rear bushings are smaller and lighter then production – ideal for header access
- Low drag Delrin®/Aluminum forward bushings removes the bushing as a damping force
- Increased stiffness for minimal suspension deflection and increased steering response
- Off-road use only!

DSCF9133.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Anybody with a BOSS have any EPAS issues once these arms and bushings are installed? I know the GT guys have to get the BOSS-R rack. So far I've not heard of any BOSS guys with problems. Just want to know what to budget for if I go down this path.

Cheers!

Boss_302 said:
What else are you going?

Those control arms don't have any bushings.

You'll need FRPP 2005-2014 MUSTANG COMPETITION FRONT BUSHING KIT M-56388-C http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=13110

- Front lower control arm bushing kit for 2005-2014 Mustang
- Original equipment on 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet and Mustang Boss 302S
- Fits Mustang Boss 302R, FR500C, FR500S, 2005-2014 Mustang GT, V-6, Shelby GT-500 and 2012-2013 Mustang Boss 302
- Rear bushings are smaller and lighter then production – ideal for header access
- Low drag Delrin®/Aluminum forward bushings removes the bushing as a damping force
- Increased stiffness for minimal suspension deflection and increased steering response
- Off-road use only!

DSCF9133.jpg

Boss-302 ,yes I had forgot to mention those...

This is what I will be running.

-T Spring
-Rear LCA/Rlo Bracket
-Panard R
-Bumpsteer kit

ArizonaGT said:
Anybody with a BOSS have any EPAS issues once these arms and bushings are installed? I know the GT guys have to get the BOSS-R rack. So far I've not heard of any BOSS guys with problems. Just want to know what to budget for if I go down this path.

Cheers!

I know that a member here had issues with this upgrade but it was with a GT not a Boss

wwilde001 said:
I have no complaints, but I don't use mine as a daily driver. IMO, they are worth every penny. Definitely gives you a more positive feel and better road feedback.

Thanks, not a daily driver also.

What about the installation, I have heard of major hard to reach/ tight /loctite jam/cut fingers/swearing/ ... involved
I cannot find any ''HOW TO'' anywere

Thanks

I can't speak to the installation since I had a race shop do the install, plus I also had the FRPP EPAS installed when I did the upgrade. Extremely pleased with the results though.

ArizonaGT said:

Cheers!

I talked about this issue with Mark W a few months ago, he had not heard of it before. We spoke again about this again when I had the motor out. Since I had a few track days on the car with the new control arms and no issues he agreed that there was no "need" to change them, the Boss programming is close enough to the R programming to avoid any problem. He also agreed that after a few track days on the car and no shutter it will not suddenly start shaking after a few more days.

I have no plans to swap mine due to cost but Mark still thought it is something I should get anyway for the track.

ArizonaGT said:
OK that's good to know. I'd like the R-Rack, but if I can spend the $1000 elsewhere (or not at all), that would be preferable.

I was asked to clarify my statement that the Boss steering rack is close to the 302R's calibration. Apparently they are very different and many changes were made. I sure at this point I would be able to feel the difference on track but for me the Boss's factory unit is working without any shaking on flat and backed courses. I would like to get it but sometimes other thing come first, like the oil pan.

YellowBoss said:
I was asked to clarify my statement that the Boss steering rack is close to the 302R's calibration. Apparently they are very different and many changes were made. I sure at this point I would be able to feel the difference on track but for me the Boss's factory unit is working without any shaking on flat and backed courses. I would like to get it but sometimes other thing come first, like the oil pan.

FRPP does not say anything about changing the EPAS on there part site when ugrading to the front LCA M3075RA , but it seems that all lot of guy's are worried about possible problems. I wish we could have a strait answer from them.
INSTALL: I plan on doing it my self but cant find any document or feedback from someone that did it. FRPP say's it a simple bolt on job!! I doubt it.. ???

Is there a reliable information or experience saying or showing that with the FRPP front lower arms (M-3075-RA + M-5638-C) we need to upgrade to the FRPP steering rack (M-3200-EPAS) on a 12/13 BOSS 302?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
ArizonaBOSS said:

Cheers!

Well, I'm certain that it's an issue for the '11 GTs, but I'm not so sure about *any* of the '12+ cars...

patrickshelby said:
Is there a reliable information or experience saying or showing that with the FRPP front lower arms (M-3075-RA + M-5638-C) we need to upgrade to the FRPP steering rack (M-3200-EPAS) on a 12/13 BOSS 302?

I have the whole Boss 302S Suspension under my car (SACHS not Multimatic Dampeners) and don't have any problems with the stock 2012 Boss 302 EPAS system.

TMO Supporting Vendors