The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FRPP Gauge pack no drill install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone has found a way to do a "no drill" install on the gauge pack. I was wondering if it would be possible to snake the wires down into the defrost vent or something of the sort to avoid drilling the $1700+ dash and adhering the gauge pack to the dash by way of two sided tape or something of the sort. I really want to buy one of these kits I just absolutely despise the idea of drilling holes into a dash that doesn't have any easily replaceable top. If anyone has done this type of installation I would love to hear from you. Any other ideas are highly appreciated.

Thanks.

I've thought about that as well and what I'm not clear on is how the wiring would exit the gauge pack at the back. It looks like the wires are designed to go down. In the meantime I'm sticking with my Aeroforce Interceptor gauge using the Roush gauge pod.

P1030010.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I installed a gauge pod and filled it with Auto meter gauges.

Since this is a factory installed option, LS. I felt no damage would be made to resale value.

I also saved about $450.000 over the pod with ford gauges.

I did look at mounting without effecting the dash pad. I could not come up with a way to firmly secure the pod without drilling.

NFSBOSS said:
I've thought about that as well and what I'm not clear on is how the wiring would exit the gauge pack at the back. It looks like the wires are designed to go down. In the meantime I'm sticking with my Aeroforce Interceptor gauge using the Roush gauge pod.

Rick, do you have a pic of the aeroforce mounted in your car?

Thanks!

I looked at the vent mounted option as well, I just really like the factory equipment route aside from drilling holes in a non LS.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel