The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FRPP LCA Relo Brackets installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm pleased to report that these new FRPP Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets (Part# M-5650-A) are 100% compatible with my previous suspension upgrades, including Steeda swaybar relocation brackets that allow my Weld RT-S 15"x10" wheels with M/T 295/55-15 Drag Radials to fit, Steeda Adjustable Swaybar, Steeda Adjustable UCA, BBR Billet LCAs, J&M Adjustable Panhard Bar.

Even though my Boss does not have lowering springs, the angle of LCAs allowed the car to squat too much during hard launches at the drag strip. These new brackets correct that and should result in improved 60ft times. I'll get to test them out next weekend at a local Mustangs vs. Camaros drag event. ;D

before photo - showing LCA is slightly higher on the axle end, which isn't good.

IMG_6701.jpg

after the install..

IMG_7029.jpg

IMG_7031.jpg

IMG_7034.jpg

IMG_7036.jpg

IMG_7037.jpg

IMG_7035.jpg

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Just finished my install yesterday aus well. My car has the P springs and my LCA was just about level, went with first hole down to restore the down angle. Drove the car and it feels more direct under launch. Need to do some timed launches as my best street tire 60' time has been a poor 2.06. This is on a paved Aurport access road not at the strip.
Steve

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Did you guys have any issues getting the silver bolt sleeves to fit on that upper hole on the brackets? I can't remember correctly but I think that the silver sleeves were interfering (sleeves too wide or stock bracket not wide enough) with the stock brackets a little, at least on my car.

The reason I ask is that I had to pull my FRPP LCAs and brackets OFF due to a defect in the LCAs (rear bushing cylinders weren't offset), and I'm waiting on a proper set from FRPP. When those get here I'll have to re-install the brackets as well. If there is interference with the stock bracket and the silver bolt sleeve, I can only use the lower hole on the FRPP bracket.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
ArizonaGT said:
Did you guys have any issues getting the silver bolt sleeves to fit on that upper hole on the brackets? I can't remember correctly but I think that the silver sleeves were interfering (sleeves too wide or stock bracket not wide enough) with the stock brackets a little, at least on my car.

The reason I ask is that I had to pull my FRPP LCAs and brackets OFF due to a defect in the LCAs (rear bushing cylinders weren't offset), and I'm waiting on a proper set from FRPP. When those get here I'll have to re-install the brackets as well. If there is interference with the stock bracket and the silver bolt sleeve, I can only use the lower hole on the FRPP bracket.

I used a soft faced hammer to spread the bracket to allow the spacer sleeves to fit after they were in used a drift pin to line up the bolt holes with the new brackets and sent the bolts through while pulling the drift out. No interference using my Eibach LCA in the upper hole.
Steve

ArizonaGT said:

You do have to spread the stock bracket just a tiny bit get the silver sleeve in between, then just tap it into position before positioning the new bracket over the stock bracket. I was able to spread the stock bracket with a flat screwdriver and prying between the little notched area and the silver sleeve itself. This worked on both sides. There should be no reason you can't use the upper hole.

Maybe these views will help you see how they should go together and the resulting clearance between my BBR Billet LCAs and the silver sleeves.

Here's the passenger side

IMG_7011.jpg

..and the drivers side

IMG_7025.jpg

-Steve

ArizonaGT said:
So this means, I'm not crazy!
Oh no, you're still crazy...

TMO Supporting Vendors