The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FS: combo lap/sub belt mounts for S550 and GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
CT
Hmmmm, may have to go this route as it seems to be a very effective solution... Have a Mach 1 that I'd like to do HPDE/track days with.

Some questions:
(1) With OEM Recaro's, is this type of bracket the only way that sub belts can be utilized?
(2) Are there any negatives to sitting on the sub belts?
(3) Is a harness bar the only way to secure the shoulder belts/straps? Any recommendations?

Hmmmm, may have to go this route as it seems to be a very effective solution... Have a Mach 1 that I'd like to do HPDE/track days with.

Some questions:
(1) With OEM Recaro's, is this type of bracket the only way that sub belts can be utilized?
(2) Are there any negatives to sitting on the sub belts?
(3) Is a harness bar the only way to secure the shoulder belts/straps? Any recommendations?
1. Yes, unless you're willing to cut a hole in your seat base. These will also work with the comfort seats.
2. Sit-on sub belts might not be as quite as secure as a sub belt thru the seat base but they are way better than no sub belts. The sub belt keeps the lap belt in the correct location around your hips.
3. Most people install a roll bar but a harness bar can be used. I've personally ran both. I just purchased a Mach 1 and I am installing a roll bar. I used a harness bar in my track car before that which was a newer Camaro.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
CT
1. Yes, unless you're willing to cut a hole in your seat base. These will also work with the comfort seats.
2. Sit-on sub belts might not be as quite as secure as a sub belt thru the seat base but they are way better than no sub belts. The sub belt keeps the lap belt in the correct location around your hips.
3. Most people install a roll bar but a harness bar can be used. I've personally ran both. I just purchased a Mach 1 and I am installing a roll bar. I used a harness bar in my track car before that which was a newer Camaro.

Thank you!

Do you have still have brackets (in black) available from your latest batch?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
CT
Darn... working on getting my post count up so I can PM but not there yet...

@06mach1 any chance you have your S550 combo lap/sub belt seat brackets (in black) available?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel