The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fuel Flapper won't open now for some reason?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone have this issue? I went to fuel the BOSS today as I have about 70 miles before empty, and I can't get the flapper to open. I am using a regular gas pump at Marathon I have filled at before (even the same pump), and it won't open for nothing... So I wasn't able to get fuel, luckily I only live a couple of miles from the Gas Station and a Ford DealerShip, but its troublesome that after 2,300 miles on the car, I can't seem to get it to fuel. I filled it about 2 weeks ago with no issues...

Ideas?

Yes, that seems to work without a problem. I guess I will go to a different station and try again, if all else fails I will open with the funnel in the repair kit and fill it that way.

Thanks!

rpm3dinc said:
Haha, no the pumps here are color coated, black for gas, green for diesel.
Definitely wasn't trying to be a wise ass but could see myself doing something like that some days ;D. Very weird though since your funnel works.

I had that happen once. The pump looked like maybe the tip had been replaced with something slightly smaller, but I wasn't able to check the other pumps at the station so maybe they were all like that. After some fighting with it I was able to get it to hit the catches on both sides of the door to open it. I'll have to remember that funnel, because it's made me kind of nervous when I fill up now that I won't be able to get gas.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
rpm3dinc said:
Anyone have this issue? I went to fuel the BOSS today as I have about 70 miles before empty, and I can't get the flapper to open. I am using a regular gas pump at Marathon I have filled at before (even the same pump), and it won't open for nothing... So I wasn't able to get fuel, luckily I only live a couple of miles from the Gas Station and a Ford DealerShip, but its troublesome that after 2,300 miles on the car, I can't seem to get it to fuel. I filled it about 2 weeks ago with no issues...

Ideas?

What was the outcome of this issue?

After I used the funnel in the repair kit it opened, so I drove back to the gas station and as able to refuel with no other issues. For some reason it just seemed to be stuck when I tried before. But using the funnel in the kit seemed to unlock it

TMO Supporting Vendors