The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fuel Level Error

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

At approximately 800 miles, when driving with a little less than a half a tank of gas, my fuel gauge dropped immediately to empty. The data center displayed that I had 4 miles to empty. I started freaking out thinking I had broken some type of fuel line. I pulled the car over and crawled up under it looking for gas or some sign of failure. I found nothing. I started driving again looking for a gas station. i put 15 dollars worth of gas in the car to hopefully get me back home. Upon cranking the car up, my fuel gauge magically returned to right above 3/4 of a tank. I have been searching for answers and found this...
http://www.stangtv.com/news/ford-issues-tsb-for-2011-mustang-fuel-pump-modules/
So i took the car up to the local dealership's service department to get it inspected. After about an hour and a half they called me and asked me if I was serious about the problem. They stated that this was a 2012 and shouldn't have that problem They didn't believe me! After ensuring that this was a serious problem and I was very concerned about this, they started taking me seriously.
Has anyone else run into this problem? I have Boss #0021, and was wondering if this was a reoccurring problem in the early production Bosses.

That's my best guess, and I hope that's what the issue is. I'd rather have the car in the driveway with a faulty fuel module than sitting at the dealership with some techs scratchin there asses for a few days.

TMO Supporting Vendors