The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fuel Rail / System Pressure - Too Low Bank 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi guys

I hope I posted it in the right place.😅

Does anyone have the error code P0087?
Yesterday at the trackday the engine lamp appeared with this error code. 🤮
Car has suddenly lost power, a bit engine stuttering and there are "backfires".
(This only happened in tight fast corners!)

0:10 - 0:19 sec.
0:39 - 0:48 sec.

-Temperatures were all okay, Oil pressure too.
-The gas tank was full.
-I already had the problem a month ago on a pass road with fast corners. Did not show up after that with normal driving.

The ford garage wants to change the fuel pump, but I don't know if this is really the reason.
I thank you in advance for your help.

I had a somewhat similar issue to yours but I was getting a P0300 and P0197 code. My issue ended up being a short in the engine harness at the fuel rail pressure connector.

Do you have any OBD scanning software? Try logging your fuel pressure and signal voltage you may have a similar issue.

There's also a TSB regarding a loose transmission output shaft nut that can apparently cause intermittent hesitation as well. My output shaft nut was loose but wasn't the cause of my problem.

Gasoline Engines PCED
Fuel Pressure, Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) And Fuel Rail Pressure Temperature (FRPT) Sensors
Introduction

Attachments

• specs.pdf
    434.5 KB · Views: 109

TMO Supporting Vendors