The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fuji Speedway!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I have the best wife ever. I think that's an absolutely true statement.

She knows I've been down lately so she surprised me today by taking the whole family to Fuji Speedway, about 1.5 hours away. The intent was to do one of their arrive and drive events but unfortunately they were cancelled today. That's okay though, because they were cancelled so that the Super GT racecars could do their test and tunes! This was our first ever visit to a world-class raceway and we had the entire track to ourselves. We were the only spectators outside of a very small handful of professional photographers and so we went to every vantage point we could. This is my daughter's first introduction to the track and this was the first time I'd ever seen "real" racecars. I have only ever seen whatever shows up at HPDE events. I have to be honest, I haven't visited a track in years since I've been overseas. It was an emotional event to hear those cars screaming down the straight with my daughter beside me. This was a magnificent surprise and if I wasn't hooked on this sport before, I may spend the rest of my life chasing this dragon. We got all sorts of souvenirs and we will be back as soon as we can so we can both do our arrive and drive sessions. We are going to try and watch some events here too. I shouldn't have waited so long to visit! One thing is for damn certain...I need a racecar!

Without further ado...some photos...

The road to Fuji-san:
PXL_20210119_033750881.jpgPXL_20210119_035808821.jpgPXL_20210119_040807283.jpgPXL_20210119_042731202.jpg

Totally empty!PXL_20210119_051958441.PANO.jpg

The best wife ever!PXL_20210119_052827474.jpg

Dad, I'm ready. Let's go.signal-2021-01-19-175950 (1).jpg

What?! What's this for?!
PXL_20210119_055945344.jpg

Not sure if like...signal-2021-01-19-175950.jpgsignal-2021-01-19-180002 (1).jpg

Breathtaking.signal-2021-01-19-180002 (2).jpgsignal-2021-01-19-180002.jpg

And some video:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You had me laughing out loud when I saw your cute little daughter with her noise cancelling headset on! Fun family event and great shot of your wonderful wife and daughter and you are a lucky man, because it is obvious your wife understands your passion and is so giving.

Let her know she is QTOM for the week ----- Queen of Track Mustangs Online!! Heard the vote for her win was unanimous, too!

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Gorgeous place! The view of the mountain forming clouds is spectacular. Looks like an awesome track too! The sound of race cars, seems like so long since I've heard them. Three more months......

We hiked up Fuji a couple years ago. Standing in the clouds as they form is even cooler!

A truly iconic track, very cool Chris!!

I couldn't help but recall the Fuji scenes from Rush, it was a surreal experience.

You had me laughing out loud when I saw your cute little daughter with her noise cancelling headset on! Fun family event and great shot of your wonderful wife and daughter and you are a lucky man, because it is obvious your wife understands your passion and is so giving.

Let her know she is QTOM for the week ----- Queen of Track Mustangs Online!! Heard the vote for her win was unanimous, too!

Thanks Bill. We were in stitches laughing about the headphones. We actually have a kid-sized set but we forgot to bring them so she got some authentic Fuji Speedway headphones! I am definitely lucky and she'll be thrilled to know she's been crowned QTMO!

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Badass, I spent 3 years at Kadena. I'd love to go back someday. Beautiful country full of awesome people.

Absolutely love it here. We are going to miss just about everything about this place and it's hard to describe to people who haven't been here. It's just such a totally different culture and it seems like I see something new and interesting every day.

TMO Supporting Vendors