The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Functional Differences Between GT350 Track Pack and GT350R?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
+1 on the stiffer R bar. And that seems like a verrrrry fine adjustment being made.

Seems to me that a hollow bar is being chosen for the weight savings over the same spring rate from the equivalent solid bar.

8250RPM said:
The R rear springs are different then the Track Pack GT350. I just bought both front and rear R springs along with the R sway bar ends.
Do you have the part numbers? I've never seen anything that says their different including discussions with one of the VDE's that tuned the suspension. He gave me quite the ride during the Historic Races at Laguna Seca! I'm curious how much stiffer they are.

IMG_6208_zps7vzkzfyn.jpg

VoodooBOSS said:
Do you have the part numbers? I've never seen anything that says their different including discussions with one of the VDE's that tuned the suspension. He gave me quite the ride during the Historic Races at Laguna Seca! I'm curious how much stiffer they are.

IMG_6208_zps7vzkzfyn.jpg
The rear GT350R spring part numbers are....
FR3V-5560M right
FR3V-5B589K left
Sway bar links part number....
5C486 (MEF304)

The front GT350R springs are part numer....
FR3V-5310Q

The rears from what I read on the Internet are the same rate, my guess is that they are shorter. I'll confirm that once I swap my springs out when I do the IRS mods.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel