The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Funny/Good Stories involving your BOSS!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jec246

Thought this would be something fun to start up.

I went to Sonic the second day I had my BOSS to pick up a quick bit to eat. As I was sitting at the window in the drive-thru one of the employees crept around the corner pretending to sweep up the parking lot. He proceeded to sweep all around my car and finally said "you have an amazing car". I almost lost it, but kept my cool and told him thank you. It was absolutely hilarious. ;D

I would love to read some other stories involving your BOSS. post em if you got em!

Updated the Title.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Re: Funny Stories involving your BOSS!

Some kids in a V6 SN95 pulled up next to me at a light and asked me to rev it up...I obliged.

The driver went crazy and made a "jizzed in my pants" expression with his hands before we drove off.

On my way bringing the car to have my family see it for the first time, I stopped to get gas (in a state I won't mention in case this story offends them) and this lady and kids see the car. The kids start to point and smile when she speaks up and says to them "Hey kids look, it's "bumblebee" from Transformers!

Then she turns to me and asks, "Does it talk?" I badly wanted to say it sure does, through the radio too!! But instead I just kept quiet and got into the car at which time I apologized to "Penny" (my car name) and said she means no harm, your much cooler than "bumblebee." LOL

A month ago I was dropping off my nine year old daughter at a swim party and in front of a dozen people one of her GF's runs up to my car and screams "I love that car I want to marry it".

SUPRMN said:
On my way bringing the car to have my family see it for the first time, I stopped to get gas (in a state I won't mention in case this story offends them) and this lady and kids see the car. The kids start to point and smile when she speaks up and says to them "Hey kids look, it's "bumblebee" from Transformers!

Then she turns to me and asks, "Does it talk?" I badly wanted to say it sure does, through the radio too!! But instead I just kept quiet and got into the car at which time I apologized to "Penny" (my car name) and said she means no harm, your much cooler than "bumblebee." LOL

The hottie in my office calls mine Bumblebee as well. Good thing she's cute.

Not so much funny but kinda cool. I was sitting at an intersection the other day with a firetruck parked on the corner and two firemen walked out in the street to stop traffic so I could pull out.

I don't know if this qualifies as Funny or Good, but yesterday morning on my way to work I rounded the corner and accelerated quickly and low and behold sitting there at the corner was one of Dallas PD finest. Well I quickly decelerated thinking I was about to get pulled over, though I was only going 40ish in a 35 MPH (the open side exhaust and 6000 RPM makes it sound much faster) he rounded the corner and quickly pulled up behind me and I then turned on my signal to turn into work, well he just pulled up alongside of me and took a good look at my car.

He put a scare into me, so I guess it may have been funny to him.

Was getting on the Merritt Parkway in my brand new BOSS today (2 lane each side rural highway) when I saw a "statey" coming up about a half mile behind me. Usually these guys pass you by in the fast lane doing at least 80 mph but the Officer slowed down & got in the slow lane to follow me for the next 5 miles. Needless to say I was doing the speed limit with him behind me ( as tough as that was) & he must have got bored because he passed me soon after that. I don't know if he was checking out my car Or waiting to write me up for something...just seemed very strange him following me like that. I know...60's song...."paranoia runs deep".....

302BOB said:
Was getting on the Merritt Parkway in my brand new BOSS today (2 lane each side rural highway) when I saw a "statey" coming up about a half mile behind me. Usually these guys pass you by in the fast lane doing at least 80 mph but the Officer slowed down & got in the slow lane to follow me for the next 5 miles. Needless to say I was doing the speed limit with him behind me ( as tough as that was) & he must have got bored because he passed me soon after that. I don't know if he was checking out my car Or waiting to write me up for something...just seemed very strange him following me like that. I know...60's song...."paranoia runs deep".....

It sounds like you got lucky especially since it is so damn hard to keep these thing at the speed limit.

Mine is similar to MrGT5oh's experience. I took the dampers out of the side pipes & installed Roush axle-backs. It is LOUD when you get down on it. Left my son's house the other day & went through the gears. Rounded a curve on the 2-lane road and there sat our county's finest working an accident at the intersection. He was sitting in his car as I backed out of it & rolled up to the intersection. He looked up from writing the accident paperwork, smiled at me and said, "Man, that's a sweet ride!" I nodded thank-you, eased the clutch out and tried to roll off as quietly as possible!

Stumpy
C/O #0118

So I'm out last night and on my way home I'm at a red light waiting to turn left. An 05-10 Roush pulls up beside me with some kids in it who were going to be turning right. So of course he gives it a little rev. It sounded okay at best, so I gave him a little rev back. Well with my baffles out and Roush mufflers on..my sound put his to shame haha. So he throws it in reverse so he can turn left and follow me for a little. Nothing happened other than that, but he was definitely impressed with the car and couldn't stop talking about it...made my night.

Something pretty funny to me was driving in town yesterday when a cop pulled me over and asked why his laser gun was not working on my car the funny part is my laser jammers are right in the front deleted lights you cant miss them anyway it was kinda funny cause I told him these new cars have a new type of paint and it makes it hard for any laser or radar to pick them up he looked kinda baffled and I went on laughing inside as I drove away.

Went for a drive yesterday on some country roads I know very well. Spotted a '09 Vet about 1/2 mile ahead of me. Had to go Vett hunting...next thing I knew we were running about 120-130mph and he couldn't get away. As he pulled into his driveway I honked and waved, he wouldn't even look...I thought it was pretty funny...

Dark Horse

2012 BOSS 302 LS 541
Shortly after I got my LS I was driving home from work on the Interstate. I was keeping it at 80 mph which is +5 above the limit, and which is very hard to limit it to in this car on a lightly traveled 6 lane freeway :D, when I noticed a minivan overtaken me from quite a ways off. The van pulled up and rode next to me for a minute when the 12 year old passenger gave me the thumbs up. Mom then slowed the van down to the speed limit and went on their way. I felt good for the rest of the day.

amazing how many of these stories involve our city, county or state's finest so I'll add one. Early on Saturday morning about a month ago I'm cruising along an Interstate on my way to meet some friends for breakfast when my radar detector goes off. Quickly slowing down I soon pass a parked city officer, he pulls out behind me and accelerates right up to my bumper then follows me about 2 miles to the restaurant, just as I slow to pull in he turns his lights on and I pull to the end of the lot so as not to be embarresed in front of everyone there. He gets out and walks around the car comes up to my window and asks me if my license plates are real. I have personalized plates that actually have a Mustang logo on them (same as the mascot for SMU in Dallas) with the letters BOSS 302. I answer him that they are (knowing he already checked before he pulled me over) and he answered with cool car, have a nice day.

BLAZN BOSS

It's not exactly what you guys are posting but it's something I saw that was kinda cool. Took my car out yester for a brief ride and I was siting at a stop light waiting. Usually I don't have the radio on and when I looked over at it, in the message area the reflection form the stitching was there ........BOSS 302.....I;m going to try and get a picture and post it............any one else notice this yet? I'm sure the drivers size and seat location matter.

First part of last week the wife informs me that she needs a "My other car is a Boss Mustang" bumper sticker. All of which was inspired by a camaro SS which cut her off earlier in the day! Second, I decided to go pick a fight downtown Des Moines this weekend, hoping to stir up a little street action. I ran across a 2011 GT 500 who was a little shocked I could stay with him but would only play threw second. Also ran into a hand full of Suby's who apparently knew what I was driving because no on stepped up! With the night being somewhat lame I decided to visit my buddy working dispatch at the Police station. He checked out the car and with a crowd standing outside, gave me the go ahead. Highlight of the night was the 30 feet of rubber I left in front of the Police station! ;D

Was at the Ford dealer last August on a Saturday afternoon. As I was getting in my car a lady comes over, hands me flyer and asks if I want to display my car in a show the following weekend. I look at the flyer and the show is for cars 25 years old and older. She thought I had an original Boss 302. We both had a good laugh.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I had the Laguna Seca for just about a week. The UPS delivery guy and my family are all on a first name basis given the number of car-related deliveries he makes almost daily. He was well aware of the family's connection to motorsports based on the cars in the garage in general but never made any mention of his love for the sport also. He shows up with a delivery of my JLT oil seperator and goes absolutely ga-ga over the LS. I mean the guy was really flipping out over the car - you'd swear I had Pamela Anderson nude in the garage! He proceeds to get under the car (in his UPS shorts none the less) to check out the side pipes, tranny scoop, etc, etc. 30 minutes later he's still in my garage in disbelief "that he actually got to see one". It ends up he's a Mustang nut and has been reading about the new 302's since they were announced by Ford.

If it's ever MIA I'll know the first guy to speak to ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors