The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

G-LOC pads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm just curious if anyone has any feedback on these pads yet with track use? I poked around on a few forums a bit and didn't see any specific write-ups on their use on the 350. I'm most interested to hear comparisons on bite and longevity to stock. I'm considering the R12/10. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

R10/R8 Package is very popular on GT's. The GT350 has much more grip so R12/R10 is popular. R18/R12 if you plan on hauling the mail. It really depends on style what you like for feel and what you are trying to accomplish. Feedback has been very positive, they hold up well and they are a great group to work with. I am awaiting Shelby Specific track feedback.

I wanted to add R10's have low issues with street use. R12 may be a little too aggressive to DD

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I have run the R18/12 combination on my 2016 GT. They are close but not quite as good as the Carbotech XP24/12 combo I usually use. At Road America last weekend I ran both compound sets on consecutive days, experienced two laps of fade with the GLocs, not bad but had to back off and cool them for 2 laps. Initial bite is comparable, but they give me a 'dead' pedal feel when modulating and trailing off compared to the Carbos. I am talking very incremental differences but noticeable to me. My driving style I tend to make up a lot of time on the brakes so feel is important to me.
They are good pads and are about 10% cheaper than comparable CT sets.
Steve

Thanks for chiming in guys. I am also waiting for 350 specific feedback. There was a post on the other forum that alluded to the fact these pads (although name and compunds not specified) did not perform as well as stock. The rationale was rotors were not swapped and the pad essentially would not accept the rotor. I've never had that experience with any of the pads I've used. Can they be that finicky?

I have one day on Pagid RS29's and they performed better than stock although they don't have an aggressive bite. They do bite more aggressive than stock though and I use them on the street so I don't have to swap back and fourth. Contact @PeteInCT from Track Day Solutions for more aggressive compound availability.

Thanks....I followed your Pagid thread. They sound great but are too rich for me. I'll stick with the stockers and compromise cost for performance. I'm waiting for Porterfied to get pad specs so we can get these going in different brands. I'm a big Raybestos fan and will probably wait a little while for those to get made.

TMO Supporting Vendors