The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

G-Loc vs Pagid vs Raybestos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
One thing many of us assume , but may have not been mentioned, is whether the rotors were cleaned/scuffed prior to install to get the stock pad build up off said rotor? Have found issues with drivers over the years ( with various pads ) as they had not gotten the pad residue off before installing another brand of brake pad. Just a thought.

Interesting notes by all and can attest to BlackBoss running with the G-Locs with no issues. The rest of us had issues as he ran away and hid from everybody on the track at Autobahn except for a few Sportsracers!!!!

I had G-Locs on my GT350 and had no problems but failed to mention it as I only ran it one full weekend.

Quick question --- are you guys getting them pre-bedded. I always do as really difficult to get a proper bedding done on a car that is not street legal.
I did the bed-in process myself after swapping pads, but I did not scrub or sand rotors. It would probably help to do this, but at the same time I have not done this on any car and except for GLoc pads had no issues.

On my M2 I swap between whatever BMW stock pads are, and the PFCs with no issues. I follow the pad manufacturer bed-in procedure.

I tried out the ST 43s, but abandoned them after 1 day. They felt ok on the track, but when I took them out a week later there were gouges in the friction material. They had 5 or 6 spots with gouges 2 to 3 mm deep and 5 to 8mm wide. I didn’t feel safe using them again after that.

Both left and right front calipers had this on both inside and outside pads. Perhaps I got a bad set, but not included to try again.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I have had issues with other pads we used and sold at the Store , and get prebedded as it is hard to have the time to get it done properly if needed during a race. As noted BlackBoss and I have had pretty darn good luck ( he is sublight speed fast ) , but others here feel they had some issues. I think some of this is due to driving style and braking style , as I would go down a similar road with my issues with Hawks. We found , regardless of brand, many customers did not actually get the prior pad residue off the rotors as most would just do a little brake clean and wipe. Rotors really need to be scuffed (imho) quite well. Either way the comments are always good here since what works well for one may not be the best for another. One who is super serious about track time and racing , could have a lot different approach than the driver out doing HPDEs or simple track time. A driver wanting longevity first is not desiring the same outcome as one looking for an edge to beat his fellow racing competitors. Either way conversations are healthy because it gives folks ideas what may work for them? It is easy to figure out that what works well for some, may not be what does for others?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel