G-Loc vs Pagid vs Raybestos

Discussion in 'Brakes, Wheels and Tires' started by kombo, Nov 28, 2018.

1. bpracer

bpracer Mark

Porterfield's R4 compound is probably close to the stock GT350 pad formulation as far as effectiveness in braking. They will crumble when heated excessively while the ST43 will be unfazed.

R4 to ST43 is the only head to head racing experience I have and basically I saw no downside to the ST43. They lasted longer, took more heat, rotor life was not impacted, and the ST43 was much more effective braking. ST42, I believe, has less initial bite. Some people had problems with initial brake lock up with ST43 (no ABS!) so they went with ST42.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

kombo likes this.
  2. kombo

kombo TMO Intermediate

Thanks for the info! That was very helpful. They had recommended the st42 for the rear, but then we figured out it was not an item they stocked, and it had a pretty long lead time. That led me to going with the st43 all around.
    Any advice on the rotors? Should I cleanup the stock ones and use them until they're done, or go with giro disc now as a dedicated track rotor?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The_Dead_Cow likes this.
  3. Black Boss

Black Boss TMO Addict

Best combo I found was G-Loc R18 up front R16 Rear. I'm very hard on brakes. Front pads lasted 5-8 hours depending on track. Rear Pads 15+ hours. Front (GiroDisc) Rotors 17 hours, Rear rotors last forever.

I ran through a single set of OE front pads in 2-2.5 hours.

kombo and The_Dead_Cow like this.
  4. StigsBaldBrother

StigsBaldBrother TMO Advanced

I concur that he is both hard on brakes and R18 and R16 combo is the best combo. :)

VoodooBoss and kombo like this.