The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

G-Loc vs Pagid vs Raybestos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
Could this be more of a function of the tire or track surface that day? Based on some recent entries in the Lap Time thread I think you're running 275/18 or 285/18 rubber - with the 275's squeezed. Is it possible with either wider wheels and/or wider tires the ABS would not be triggered?

That’s completely possible. 275 in the wet, 285 dry

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have run the G-Locs and love the initial bite and the high temps they can tolerate, but I am hard on pads and want heat resistance. Run 18s up front ( both ends pre-bedded ) and 8s in the rear with solid modulation. Pricing is good and great service from Optimum Performance - nice to work with someone who actually has a car like ours and can cover what might work best for each driver's requirements?!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well ,no argument there ( on a GT 350 ), but I can tell you they work great on a Boss or BossS. Always good info on TMO, because what may work great on one vehicle may work differently on another.

Surprised on the 2011 , though, but then braking style also dictates what works for each driver, and we often don't put that into the equation.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I use Gloc r18 and, if I have extra cash, PAgid RST-2..... the Pagids last For ever!! As for performance I think the RST-2 pads have a slight edge.

Apparently the ST43 is a custom pad for the 6 piston Brembo and runs $400, but I hear they last "forever". My R16's also lasted forever, but there were some issues i ran into since running them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Are PFC pads available fro the Mustang. I used to run G-Loc/Carobotech on the pony and I liked them, though the XP10 caused a vibration on the front with the uneven transfer layer, and XP12 evaporated after 4 days.

On my M2 I run PFC08 right now. After 3 days on F1 curcuits in Europe, including Spa Francorchamps, Hockenheimring and Nurburgring Nordschleife I think I used 1mm so far. Spa and Green Hell are not bad on the brakes. Hockenheim is tough on them though. A lot of other owners say they get 12 - 15 days out of them. Good level of grip, comparable with XP10 but last waaaaay longer. Seem to take the temps as good as XP10, the only down side is they are much louder on the street.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Yes I was surprised too. Always used pagids from Pete and was very happy with them(stock 4 pots). Heard very good things on the glocs but maybe my driving style was the factor.
The st45 were custom ordered and took just about 2 weeks to get. So far they seem very good.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Interesting notes by all and can attest to BlackBoss running with the G-Locs with no issues. The rest of us had issues as he ran away and hid from everybody on the track at Autobahn except for a few Sportsracers!!!!

I had G-Locs on my GT350 and had no problems but failed to mention it as I only ran it one full weekend.

Quick question --- are you guys getting them pre-bedded. I always do as really difficult to get a proper bedding done on a car that is not street legal.

TMO Supporting Vendors