The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GA1R's have arrived

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce0293

2016 GT350 Track Pack
Guys,

The wheels are beautiful in Gunmetal, PERIOD! There isn't a lot a real estate/material left to be removed, if any!!!!! (Darren at Forgeline was great to work with) Seriously, they are stunning examples of craftsmanship! I did an initial quick weight on the bathroom scales and they are ruffly 10#'s lighter than the factory setup based on some other forum members statements about weights. However I did not weigh them against the factory wheels and tires, and I'm going to pass that along to 8250RPM, as his tires and wheels should be arriving this week, or early next. I am sure he will give a more meaningful breakdown/weight comparison ;)

The RE-71R's are sticky for sure and are the tire of choice for autocrossing currently. The biggest I could get until Fall was 285/35-19, yet there is plenty of tire, IMHO.

~Bruce

Those are great looking wheels. Post some photos when you get a chance. See the link below for tips on posting photos.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=212.0

GA1R_Bridgestone_zpsiljz1pgd.jpg

Fixed that for you. Next time click IMG on the right hand side of the Photobucket screen and it will copy the correct URL.

This is for an auto-x setup, correct?

Nice wheels! Wish I could stomach the price tag, I will have to settle for some rotary forged options

Bruce0293

2016 GT350 Track Pack
Mad302 said:
I wonder how those tires will hold up to track days.

I'm thinking they will be autocross only, and to your point, would like wear RAPIDLY at a track event. I think the factory Pilot SS will be the tire of choice for that. I ran my C6GS on track with the Pilot SS tires, and it may have given up a second, or so??? to Hossiers,,,, but honestly felt very planted!

Bruce0293

2016 GT350 Track Pack
krt22 said:
This is for an auto-x setup, correct?

Nice wheels! Wish I could stomach the price tag, I will have to settle for some rotary forged options

Correct, autocross only, and maybe local events only. If I venture beyond a reasonable range, I will either need to trailer and/or give up some grip and run the Pilot ss

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I guess it depends on your definition of "wear rapidly".
At 200 TW rating, they will surely (?) last longer than a set of Hoosiers.

R7s will be good for 350-400 mins of track time (and fastest for the first 150 mins or so) depending on care and feeding (pressure, driving style, how often you flip them on the rim, etc). This is assuming 20-minute heat cycles, open track.

Maybe that will help you set a baseline.

Bruce0293

2016 GT350 Track Pack
ArizonaBOSS said:
I guess it depends on your definition of "wear rapidly".
At 200 TW rating, they will surely (?) last longer than a set of Hoosiers.

R7s will be good for 350-400 mins of track time (and fastest for the first 150 mins or so) depending on care and feeding (pressure, driving style, how often you flip them on the rim, etc). This is assuming 20-minute heat cycles, open track.

Maybe that will help you set a baseline.

All Polite Reply. The 200 Tread wear rating is self imposed, and honestly is joke. I have ran Hossier A6's for a season (autocross), and they seem to be 'nearly' as soft, really, they are soft!

Bruce0293

2016 GT350 Track Pack
patrickshelby said:
What sizes are they? Both 19? width?
And the tires? (rear 285/35/19)? frt.?

Wheels: 19x10.5 and 19x11, both in factory offsets. Tires: 285/35-19 square. They are going to have 305's available sometime in the Fall?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Holly Smokes. Fantastic wheels but even if they were available in satin black, the Wench would kill me buying these for my third set of wheels. But they are great looking.

Bruce0293

2016 GT350 Track Pack
I did a quick check, just sitting them on a digital bathroom scale, without checking to see if the tire ought to be sitting on something to better distribute the weight, etc. I'm at work presently, but I think it was about 52.4 for the fronts, and 52.2 for the rears - ish. Again, I am not sure how accurate my hasty weight was, but they are WAY lighter than the factory GT350 cast wheels/tires. I think the 305 tires weigh in at 30, and the 295's at 28? The RE-71R's weigh 28 also.(I am reciting these weights by memory, so I may be off somewhat?? )

There is another forum member (8250RPM) getting his GA1R's delivered today with the Cup tires in 305's sizes. I am sure he will give a better overall weight break down, and post the results soon!!!

~Bruce

I asked someone at Forgline for wheel weights and 18x10.5 are just under 19lbs. and 19x 10.5 are just under 20lbs. for the open lugs.

TMO Supporting Vendors