The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Garage Door Lighting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm old school...I got 2 light bulbs and a plug in fluorescent light.to hang over the engine to check the oil level of the Boss.in my garage....for what I need , that's enough...............................

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
It's a great idea especially if you have the door open and the door covers your ceiling lights. I have eight (16 total 300 watt Halogen bulbs) ceiling lights and they are a pain but they are directional so you can aim them where you need them. My ceilings are almost 16 foot high so changing the bulbs out are an adventure. I run long bead chain with Boss 302 keychains down to turn on what's needed. I've had these fixtures for 25 plus years and I've had to replace a few switches but Light in not an issue in my corral.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
25 min. to 1½ hrs. from Sonoma (ugh... traffic!)
I know I've had the garage door cover up my lights in the past. Would be nice to have more light there in that scenario. We'll see.
A few of my lights are covered by the open door too, but during daylight hours I think more natural light comes in than the blocked lights produce. At night I don't like to have the door open with all of my lights on inside, it's a lot of light shining out from within, creates a bit of an attention-getting spectacle in the neighborhood.

Great way to spotlight that ↑ safe though :D
maybe put some on the backside of the safe door too for when it's open

Last edited:

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
A few of my lights are covered by the open door too, but during daylight hours I think more natural light comes in than the blocked lights produce. At night I don't like to have the door open with all of my lights on inside, it's a lot of light shining out from within, creates a bit of an attention-getting spectacle in the neighborhood.

Great way to spotlight that ↑ safe though :D
maybe put some on the backside of the safe door too for when it's open
:D that would be great! I get what you're saying about making a spectacle in your neighborhood, no need to bring unwanted attention. I'm out in a rural area now so it's less of a concern for us.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel