The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Garage Flooring and RaceDeck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are both of those photos epoxy? IMO epoxy looks the best but I worry about what it could look like five years from now. I would not use the cheap stuff from home improvement stores. I've seen the cheap stuff time and time again look like crap in just a couple of years. You pay for what you get.

What's a typical epoxy installation for 600 sq. ft.?

5 DOT 0 said:
Are both of those photos epoxy? IMO epoxy looks the best but I worry about what it could look like five years from now. I would not use the cheap stuff from home improvement stores. I've seen the cheap stuff time and time again look like crap in just a couple of years. You pay for what you get.

What's a typical epoxy installation for 600 sq. ft.?
Or 817 s.f. split between 2/3 and 1/3 (i.e. wall between the single and double), give or take :p

Cost on a floor really depends on the condition, but for a good 3 to 4 coat system it is 4.5 to 5.50 a foot. The photo with my Boss is over 7 yrs old, a good floor will last 10 years, and more. But the floor has to be installed correctly, checking for vapor emission is must if slab is below grade. If not use one of the plastic floors, on a plastic floor after a rain or water is on the floor you can use fans or blowers to dry the floor quick.photo-4.jpg

Thanks for the info KYBOSSLS. My floor is in bad condition (salt pitted) so probably double the cost of the plastic floor I ordered ($2.80/sf not counting my time to install :'() Thanks for the tip on the fans to dry it out after the snow melts off the vehicles. I have a decent slope back to front for drainage.

cloud9 said:
Thanks for the info KYBOSSLS. My floor is in bad condition (salt pitted) so probably double the cost of the plastic floor I ordered ($2.80/sf not counting my time to install :'() Thanks for the tip on the fans to dry it out after the snow melts off the vehicles. I have a decent slope back to front for drainage.
Make sure you leave a gap around the walls, DO NOT forget about your knee's, trust me as I have gotten older they can hurt, use padding for them...first one that we did the right doubled in size. What brand did you go with? I have used Swiss

KYBOSSLS said:
cloud9 said:
Make sure you leave a gap around the walls, DO NOT forget about your knee's, trust me as I have gotten older they can hurt, use padding for them...first one that we did the right doubled in size. What brand did you go with? I have used Swiss
Yep they said 1/4-1/2" gap for expansion. I had the kneepads on last weekend painting and again tonight painting the foundation so I definitely hear ya there ;D We went with Race Deck in a pattern with similar colors to the walls and the diamond plate surface. I think they sell some kind of cleaner for the tile. Are you familiar with that and is that something we should get?

5 DOT 0 said:
Looks much better. Well once you installed the flooring the foundation would have stuck out like a sore thumb and you would have painted it anyway! :p

So you didn't get the coin top? Did you get samples of both?
You're right and then I would have gotten paint on my new plastic floor :eek:

We did get samples of both, but we liked the diamond plate look better.

I like the diamond plate look better and it matches some other stuff I have in my garage. I have a hunch the coin top will be more functional so I'm leaning towards that. The coin top works better on the roll test with my shop stool. I still have two weeks before I order mine so lots of time to change my mind. Are you planning on installing yours this weekend if it arrives in time?

Of course I finally break down and buy a NEW snowblower for the first time instead of just taking the hand me down from my business and it doesn't snow. I put lube a half hour on it all winter. Maybe I will try and use it to chip up the tree trimmings :D

Start with the center so that your end pieces are the same right & left side, start at the front of the garage door so that the back of the garage would have the cut pieces. Did you order the leading edge pieces? This is needed only at the doors, Hopefully your garage is square or close. Another suggestion is to cut the garage door rail at the floor, looks better and it won't hold dirt.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel